Upgrading Your Substage (for FREE!!) 101

the mom does the right thing and pays for the minor damage and she gets screwed

your an dick for taking advantage of someone that way and even more of a dick for thinking it is cool and posting about it

i hope karma kicks you in the ass for it down the road

your an dick for taking advantage of someone that way and even more of a dick for thinking it is cool and posting about it

karma is a *****...to me

If my kid does that to someones sub I would def. do the same thing that lady did as far as paying up. But his arse would have handed me a "slightly damaged" sub at the same time! She did pay for it didn't she? Shouldn't be much deciding what to do with it.

you know whats i find funny as hell.
people that are shady as ****...and think everyone is the same way. ill swear on my girlfriends life i wouldnt of done what you did //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
exactly, because he is a shady pickle pirate he thinks everyone is to justify taking advantage of people

just another person to mark off my list in the classifieds unless i am ripping him off

Wow... just wow. You owe her that sub thats dented. If I was here I would have demanded that you give me the sub.

You think you're a saint for giving her an option of buying the bn one or a "cheaper" alternative.... asshat.

ya...i dont care who you are. that is a dick move.

do some people take pride in being a total peice of **** for no reason? ****, if someone dented my sub, i would not ring them out especially if it was a mom whos young child did it. i mean if my drunk buddy did it ya i would ask him to replace it or have it fixed. if he didnt....well...you find out who your friends are huh.

go give her the sub and make everything better. Taking advantage of a woman with a child is terrible. you don't know her financial situation. Do the right thing and give her the M6. Note to self, do not buy anything he has for sale, ever. Even if you give it back it shows that you are trully a dishonest person.

I am 35 with two boys one 7 and the other 3 1/2. I know how kids are and if some little sh!t was to have done that to me, I probably would have felt upset, maybe even down right pissed off but there is no way in hell I would have taken money for it. Matter of fact I would have taken a great loss because the fact is, I would hope anyone who had it done to them by my kid would be as forgiving! This is what being a neighbor is about, kids will be kids next time you lend your vehicle out for a B-day party, shoot yourself for even thinking about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Polo..

I never would of expected this kind of behavior from Prowler. Strange...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was a little inappropriate. I would not have done the same, particularly once she acknowledged that her son was at fault. It's a minor cosmetic fault. If it were performance impacting, I would have followed the same process...but not in this case.
Okay.

In all actuality I would be more mad at the person I lent my car to because they are the people I knowingly gave the responsibility to watch and make sure my car and system were not damaged. And if you did not trust that person with your system I would have disconnected the sub (that’s way I have quick release terminals on my trunk interior for precisely this instant, because my wife uses my Pilot to take a gang of kids a lot of places) or not let that person borrow my car. Also why don’t you have a grill for that sub? In the end the onus falls on you because you allowed someone to borrow your car and they did [not] take care of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif
I've run that sub for three years+ without a grill of any kind with no issues. It's a rare thing that there is anyone in my car but me so before recently it has never been a problem.

As I understand it from accounts given me by several witnesses who saw this incident take place the fault lies entirely with the kid that caused the damage. With no warning and nothing to indicate this was what was on his mind he simply walked up behind my car while stuff was being loaded into it, sauntered up to my sub enclosure, and proceeded to push in on the dustcap. Up to this point nobody but the kid himself has a clue why ~ though I am led to believe that behavior such as this is chronic with him. I have been related several different tales of a swath of damage and mayhem this youngun' leaves in his wake and the mom is accustomed to having to repair or replace things he destroys as a matter of normal course. The other moms in his little circle of buddies will not allow him at their house anymore and that would be why most group functions are held at his house since nobody will let him come to theirs any longer.

it takes me about 10 minutes to swap a sub like that.......I assume by now your pounding it out........how's it sound? Should hit some really good notes compared to your D6
I haven't swapped them out yet.

I have in mind a different enclosure for the TDX so getting to listen to it will have to wait for the now.

I'm sure it will, scooby, but thanks for your thoughts.

Well the ladys kid DID do some damage
Apparently this is a habitual happening for this particular youngster and this time it happened to be an adult's toy he messed with rather than something belonging to one of his peers.

although only aesthetic damage, it was easily fixed so the ethical thing to do is to refuse payment
I disagree. While true it isn't anything that affects overall performance of the driver it is still in a lesser state than it was before encountering this young man so, right or wrong, to my mind there should be some sort of reckoning.
If my kid does that to someones sub I would def. do the same thing that lady did as far as paying up. But his arse would have handed me a "slightly damaged" sub at the same time! She did pay for it didn't she? Shouldn't be much deciding what to do with it.
She was asked directly if she would like the sub damaged by her son since she was replacing it with another and that offer was refused ~ twice. I was told in no uncertain terms that she has less than no use for any sort of aftermarket mobile audio gear so the disposition of the damaged M6mkII was completely up to my discretion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

exactly, because he is a shady pickle pirate he thinks everyone is to justify taking advantage of people
just another person to mark off my list in the classifieds unless i am ripping him off
(a) You've not seen fit to do business with me previously so I cannot say that I'll be missing anything should that be a course you decide to continue upon.

(b) As far as ripping me off is concerned however, good luck with that, fella.

Wow... just wow. You owe her that sub thats dented. If I was here I would have demanded that you give me the sub.
You think you're a saint for giving her an option of buying the bn one or a "cheaper" alternative.... asshat.
Nowhere in the opening post does it say or even particularly imply that I feel as if I did her some sort of favor by offering two different choices as to how to recify the situation to my satisfaction.

If I truly wanted to "rip her off" I would have collected the cost of buying a BNIB retail D612D4 here locally (at a cost of $358.38 after tax), still bought the TDX from excelerater, and pocketed the rest.

ya...i dont care who you are. that is a dick move.
do some people take pride in being a total peice of **** for no reason? ****, if someone dented my sub, i would not ring them out especially if it was a mom whos young child did it. i mean if my drunk buddy did it ya i would ask him to replace it or have it fixed. if he didnt....well...you find out who your friends are huh.
So if one person did the damage it would be appropriate to have them repair/replace it but if it happens to be the fault of some young kid whose mom has to pick up the tab it's all wrong somehow? That's a rather nonsensical line of reasoning to say the least.

By the same token let's say for example the kid had slammed into the side of my car while riding his bicycle and screwed one of the fenders all up. Now - this isn't to say that it rendered the car undriveable in the least...purely cosmetic damage and possibly minor cosmetic damage at that. Would we be having this same discussion or if I worked out a way for her to save some money and me get my car fixed all at the same time would it all be hunky-dory, eh???

go give her the sub and make everything better.
See above. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Taking advantage of a woman with a child is terrible.
As opposed to taking advantage of a man with a child, perhaps? Would that make all this hate and dissention dissipate?!?
you don't know her financial situation.
Umm, wrong.That would be you (alongside anyone else making this same assumption) who knows nothing of her financial situation.

The zipcode in which she resides harbors nobody that could even be classified as "Upper Middle Class." People falling into that category of income cannot afford the physical lots there much less the homes.

She rolled up driving a new-ish (still flying temp tags) Infinity M-class.

Wrapped around her right wrist (that I noticed as she was writing/signing her check) hung a diamond and emerald tennis bracelet very similar to one my mother has. Dad paid better than $20K for the one Mom has.

This lady's was a bit nicer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

The point to all of this is that this particular individual isn't hurting for discetionary spending money.

Do the right thing and give her the M6.
As already stated - see above.
Note to self, do not buy anything he has for sale, ever.
The same response given to Scooby regarding this nonsense applies here as well. Please see above if you missed it.
Even if you give it back it shows that you are trully a dishonest person.
If you say so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.