Upgrading System, Suggestions?

I've seen you in many threads. What would you recommend? I'll probably do a 600 budget just on subs. How would you compare the SSA Icons, Scar VVX's, and Sundown SA's?
I'd compare the Gcons with the other two -- the Icon is over twice the RMS rating of the others. Anyway, to simplify this almost beyond logic, the Gcon would sound the best, the Skar would go lower, and the Sundown would be the loudest.

Icons all day out of those three but they are a step above the other two. The SSA gcon would be a fairer comparison. I have never seen anyone post a negative comment on SSA subs. The gcons specs look great, but sadly I am not sure many people have heard them. With your amp, I would say the gcons. After that, I think the skar and sundown subs are a toss up. You could also look into dayton and tc sounds subs if you really like sq.

Would the Audioque HDC3 be more on the SPL side?

And would there be a major difference between the gcon and my current CVX's?

HDC3 would be more of an spl sub. If you stay with the same power, the loudness shouldn't increase to much regardless of what subs are used. It will probably sound better and not much louder.

Given all subs are in proper enclosures.

Would the Audioque HDC3 be more on the SPL side? And would there be a major difference between the gcon and my current CVX's?
I wouldn't touch Audioque with a 50 foot pole(only because I care about the way my music sounds -- I'd rather not have a sub that just farts really loudly).

And yes, there would be a very significant difference between two Gcons and your CVXs. The Gcons would probably be as loud as the CVXs in that prefab box, if you put them in a custom box, and they would sound completely different. There would be a night and day difference(a good one).

HDC3 would be more of an spl sub. If you stay with the same power, the loudness shouldn't increase to much regardless of what subs are used. It will probably sound better and not much louder.
Given all subs are in proper enclosures.
I don't mind replacing the amp. Just wanted to decide on a sub before I decided on an amp, but what would be a good recommendation with the suggested subs?

I don't mind replacing the amp. Just wanted to decide on a sub before I decided on an amp, but what would be a good recommendation with the suggested subs?
Well, that depends on a few things. First off, do you feel like you'll eventually want to upgrade to even more power? Say, 2k+? If so, remember you'll need to make sure you've got the electrical to back it up. You'd probably need the Yellow Top in the front, and another one or two comparable AGM batteries in the back, with at least one run of 1/0 power/ground wire. That'll set you back quite a bit more than you probably originally anticipated.

And if you do think that you'd be willing to do all of this, you can adjust your sub purchase accordingly. If you want more power(considerable more loudness), then you'll want to go with a higher power handling sub, ie., the Icon or comparable subs by other companies.

I wouldn't touch Audioque with a 50 foot pole(only because I care about the way my music sounds -- I'd rather not have a sub that just farts really loudly).
And yes, there would be a very significant difference between two Gcons and your CVXs. The Gcons would probably be as loud as the CVXs in that prefab box, if you put them in a custom box, and they would sound completely different. There would be a night and day difference(a good one).
So Gcons would be your top pick in it's category? I will take a great look into this sub. I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback

If you are in the Houston area we specialize in building boxs and selling products you will not find at Best Buy. In fact my truck has Two Diamond D310's a 800 watt amp with the 3rd row seat in and is hitting a very good number. Let me know if we can be of service 713-465-3434.

Yea bro, just PM me with your preferred specs and zip code and I'll hook you up.
Thank you.

If you are in the Houston area we specialize in building boxs and selling products you will not find at Best Buy. In fact my truck has Two Diamond D310's a 800 watt amp with the 3rd row seat in and is hitting a very good number. Let me know if we can be of service 713-465-3434.
Im in Atlanta but thanks for offering

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.