Upgradiing Electrical

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chllngr

AR
If I'm running 3200-3500 RMS on an amp to a sub and 200w rms to the speakers(ill need more speakers later)...What is the most optimal electrical upgrade?

I was thinking about purchasing a Mechman 240 Amp S Series, doing the big 3, and would I need to also replace the starting battery? This is all new to me, never ran enough power to warrant upgrades.

Thanks!

I run a fsd 3800 and a 4 channel kicker amp to 4 front coxials. My electrical has been big 3, 3 large agm's, stock 130a alt.

Lowest I see is 12.4 on nasty bass lines full tilt, mostly at slow speeds or idle. 13.1 - 13.8 on any bass lines no longer then a few or 3 seconds in a entire song entirely full tilt everyday. It gets rough in the southern California heat though. I used to turn my ac off or lowest fan speed in slow driving or whenever I approach a stop but I'd rather be able to at least keep my hand on my amp without being burned lol. One day I abused the sheesh out of it for hours no ac on was like 110+°. Trusty amp so far![emoji6]

In this heat its better to run the ac full blast to help cool an amp then to squeeze out that extra power.

Oh and I've been on the same stock alternator for 2/years now because a big alternator is a big leap for me but I know it will be hella worth it. Costly though!

I can no longer idle full tilt without my engine dying, though. It rarely used to crap out. It's about every time now. But I think its just the used car bs and tune up time. I want to increase my idle somehow.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

if you can get a 270 or a 320 you wont need another battery..
I wish I could find one for my car. Ive only found the 240 or the 370.... If the 370 would be cheaper at the end of the day at $699 I might as well go ahead and just do that..

if you can get a 270 or a 320 you wont need another battery..
Check into the 370. I doubt they do that hot and if they do your going to get next to nothing at idle..
he's better off with the 240. Higher than 270 in a small case (which is the size case his alternator is) will make next to nothing at idle. My 320 small case clamps only 60 amps at idle, but 200+ above 1,000 rpm and

So no, I wouldn't get a 370 amp small case if you play music while parked

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.