Upgrade from Rockford P3s

Yes I'm actually halfway through building that exact box. Someone gave me the plans in my other thread about how sound waves travel when I was ripping out all my sound proofing material in my car lol.

Yep. Shredder is correct. I’ve done several boxes for the P3s, and they do very well in ported boxes. You’ll gain a ton of output over a sealed box, and even though the parameters may lean towards a sealed box on these, I would still go ported with them, or at least a 4th order.

Aight, I’ll weigh in on this. I used to be an all out Rockford Fosgate fanboy. I competed in MECA with a Honda Element with 2 Rockford Fosgate P3 15’s on a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1. (SPL) I also competed in MECA with a single Rockford Fosgate 10 running off a Rockford Fosgate 300-1.(SQ)

P3’s do not get loud in a sealed enclosure. They come alive in ported enclosures. As stated above, rather large ported enclosures. Even my SQ setup was ported. We tried sealed and could not get enough output from the 10 even for the SQ aspect. But damn did it come alive in ported.

I am still a RF Fanboy, but their prices are not competitive with what’s out there right now.

P3-12's are versatile if maybe a little overpriced but I love going that extra step if the vehicle owner is willing to go there.
Small sealed?... nah
18N3uA.jpg

I like seeing subs in an environment they will excel in. I hate waiting for it to be built.

Well I got the box built. My first attempt at building a box. It's not perfect, but everything should be sealed. Used gorilla wood glue and screws. Then someone tried to beat my fiance through an intersection with a left turn and totalled her car lol. I'll have to try the new box out in my car first I guess lol. Thankfully I have quick connect adapters for my cables!

someone tried to beat my fiance through an intersection with a left turn and totalled her car. I'll have to try the new box out in my car first I guess lol. Thankfully I have quick connect adapters for my cables!

Don't discount the lower rms subs (P3's come to mind). If the enclosure fits your vehicle and you got some power to throw at them you might be surprised. Having them in a small sealed enclosure was killing the output your probably after Imo. Got any pics to post?

Agreed those P3's need a ported box and room as well for any kind of output.

Also main thing is she is safe, cars can be replaced!

She is healing. Had to be resuscitated. Heart stopped for 3 mins. Luckily the car called me and sent me her location. Thanks ford! She was bleeding from her ears, nose and mouth all from the airbag, cut leg and cut and broken wrist.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...