Sound dampening for spare tire compartment.

Participant count
  • Participant list

GenY

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
I was wondering what I could fill or use to stop alot of vibrations going down through the spare tire compartment under my subs? I used one layer of dynomat inside the the sprare tire compartment and other parts of the floor and also under the trunk on the vibrating heat shield. I put a good amount of second skin spray on deadener on the heat shield but it still has a good amount of vibrations that I cant really get to cause of the muffler thats directly under the heat shield. I was thinking about ripping this damn thing off but not sure lol. And ya, it dripped on my muffler....ah well.

Attachments

• 20210725_182320.jpg
    20210725_182320.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210725_182307.jpg
    20210725_182307.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 44
Try making a solid floor of mdf and Mount the sub box to that. You can use foam to isolate the new floor from the car body.

It may also be worth it to look at opening the cabin up so the pressure can leave the trunk more easily. Maybe removing 6x9 from the rear deck or removing a skipass

Try making a solid floor of mdf and Mount the sub box to that. You can use foam to isolate the new floor from the car body.

It may also be worth it to look at opening the cabin up so the pressure can leave the trunk more easily. Maybe removing 6x9 from the rear deck or removing a skipass
Are you talking about the expanding foam
It's been my experience that that stuff tends to squeak over time
Similar to nails on a chalkboard
Boy did that just bring back some memories

Are you talking about the expanding foam
It's been my experience that that stuff tends to squeak over time
Similar to nails on a chalkboard
Boy did that just bring back some memories

No I'm talking more about yoga mat foam.

Even egg crate foam will work. It's mostly to isolate each hard surface and put a reflective barrier between them.

Expanding foam is never a good idea imho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...