Understanding Sound Quality...

MBrock4u
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have to say that this fourm is very helpful in pointing people in the right direction about many things. Get those search engines pumping and there is no telling what you can come up with. After more research on here and on my speakers websight, I have been able to fine tune my system to sheer dleight. It ALL starts with a good quallity head unit. I can't stress that enough. I have the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X990, and it is one sweet ass deck. It has allowed me to get those freq my speakers demand for maximum sq. So, especially for the newbies in car audio, before you start dumping lot of money into subs and amps ect... if and when you can, spend the money and get yourself a higher quality deck. This is were it all starts. It makes everything you put in afterwords better. In the long run, you'll be glad you did. Thanks all, it 's so nice to have a system that I can be proud of.

x2

..and may i add, stay away from Best Buy and Circuit City. You can get higher quality stuff on these forums and ebay for a reasonable price. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

I have to say that this fourm is very helpful in pointing people in the right direction about many things. Get those search engines pumping and there is no telling what you can come up with. After more research on here and on my speakers websight, I have been able to fine tune my system to sheer dleight. It ALL starts with a good quallity head unit. I can't stress that enough. I have the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X990, and it is one sweet ass deck. It has allowed me to get those freq my speakers demand for maximum sq. So, especially for the newbies in car audio, before you start dumping lot of money into subs and amps ect... if and when you can, spend the money and get yourself a higher quality deck. This is were it all starts. It makes everything you put in afterwords better. In the long run, you'll be glad you did. Thanks all, it 's so nice to have a system that I can be proud of.
Co-sign. I've always stuck with my big 3 (in Order of preference) Alpine, Eclipse, Premier.

Love Alpine and their 24-bit DAC and processors. Really puts out crisp, clear sound, even from MP3 and WMA files.

good to know you like your system and yes, searching is a great tool.

i'm still piecing my system together.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif:inlove://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif

maybe you can teach a thing for two to the newbs!?

Co-sign. I've always stuck with my big 3 (in Order of preference) Alpine, Eclipse, Premier. .
So you think Alpine has better SQ than Eclipse?

Just curious, Never been a fan of Alpine's footprints since the "pig nose", I know I know ooooold school, but they had great sound. I hate the new 9887 look but have heard nothing bad about its SQ. Looking at the 9887, the CD7100, its predecessor the CD7000 (the SQ boner deck of 2006 or so it seemed, lol) or a 5510 because of the double din (my car has a double DIN slot). Have not heard anyone raving about the SQ of the double DIN Eclipses.

So how can you define a high quality HU? I am looking into a high quality HU to then move on to competition speakers, amps, subs, etc.
Thanks!
I generally get a deck with the features I want. I personally cannot tell any significant differences between the good companies like Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse, Clarion etc. I stick with Alpine solely because of the ipod interface.

So you think Alpine has better SQ than Eclipse?
Just curious, Never been a fan of Alpine's footprints since the "pig nose", I know I know ooooold school, but they had great sound. I hate the new 9887 look but have heard nothing bad about its SQ. Looking at the 9887, the CD7100, its predecessor the CD7000 (the SQ boner deck of 2006 or so it seemed, lol) or a 5510 because of the double din (my car has a double DIN slot). Have not heard anyone raving about the SQ of the double DIN Eclipses.
Honestly, SQ-wise..I hold the Alpine and Eclipse about even. To me, I flip a coin. The reason I go with Alpine is for the iPod interface, and the plethora of add on stuff by alpine for their A/V units.

The W205 has every conceivable option available for adding inputs, sending video out to monitors, navigation, etc.

If the first thing someone does in a factory system is only replace the headunit they will be terribly disappointed. some of the best sq headunits have absolutely no processing power at all.

Truly understanding sound quality is much much deeper than that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.