Understanding Sound Quality...

my 128kbps mp3's sounded like crap on my stock deck, but once i upgraded to my $400 deck they sound just like the original cds i ripped them from

once i swap out the stock speakers i am sure they will sound better than the original cd, i cant wait

I generally get a deck with the features I want. I personally cannot tell any significant differences between the good companies like Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse, Clarion etc. I stick with Alpine solely because of the ipod interface.
no doubt. owned the alpine 9831, eclipse cd5000, some cheaper kenwood, girl has a lower line pioneer.

haven't noticed a difference in sound from either of them. either you people are on crack, are having a major placebo effect, or im the one thats on crack...

I agree, it does go much deeper than that. But you want a solid foundation that you can build from. You don't just get a quality head unit and stop there. That would be silly. That would be like trying to build a house with a solid foundation and never moving foward. You would have no house.

my 128kbps mp3's sounded like crap on my stock deck, but once i upgraded to my $400 deck they sound just like the original cds i ripped them from
once i swap out the stock speakers i am sure they will sound better than the original cd, i cant wait
I don't think they'll EVER sound that good but good luck in your quest none the less.

no doubt. owned the alpine 9831, eclipse cd5000, some cheaper kenwood, girl has a lower line pioneer.
haven't noticed a difference in sound from either of them. either you people are on crack, are having a major placebo effect, or im the one thats on crack...
I think the answer is B, you're on crack. While similarly priced units are close in quality there is definitely a difference between a low end unit compared to a high end unit.

128kbps..ewwwwww!!!! that will never sound better than the original CD no matter what speakers you upgrade to.

128kbps..ewwwwww!!!! that will never sound better than the original CD no matter what speakers you upgrade to.
NO bitrate of MP3 or any compressed format will sound better than CD. Some may match it but never surpass it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.