Type R question--Type r readers only

werent all the god **** specs stickied to the top of this section for type r's? why are people still asking on , power, enclosures . Why the hell do you have a 12 in a 4.0+ ported enclosure?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

werent all the god **** specs stickied to the top of this section for type r's? why are people still asking on , power, enclosures . Why the hell do you have a 12 in a 4.0+ ported enclosure?

waaaaaaaa keep crying noob

this started out not just being about enclosure size. if you would read the very first post i put up my current set up with a differnt option with many factors asking for opinions. it got flammed by a guy and here goes the arguing about the r threads. If the flamming would never start i could get my opinions and the thread would die, but a debate always has to start. So please, if your not going to offer an opinion of the original post, dont post anything, i want to get some opinions out of this thread, not just a bunch of type r debates. thank you all.

I read some of those posts about what the GTDUB guy said as he had valid points if you want to run in db drags all day long. I mean you could do a box like that 4 cubes and 1 woofer and run 1000rms to each VC. But is only good for farts. If you want something to sound good for a dd, then push 2 of the subs with that 600watts and you will be happy in a 2.5f port.

I read some of those posts about what the GTDUB guy said as he had valid points if you want to run in db drags all day long. I mean you could do a box like that 4 cubes and 1 woofer and run 1000rms to each VC. But is only good for farts. If you want something to sound good for a dd, then push 2 of the subs with that 600watts and you will be happy in a 2.5f port.
and 2 days and 24 posts later i FINALLY have an answer. Thank you. Guess its 2 Rs running off the viper with 600 RMS to each in a 2.5 per ported box tuned to around 32. See all you anti rs, if you just let us have answers to our questions its a lot easier.

I would say that 4 cubes is too big for the R. Bigger doesnt always mean better. I would say to run each 12 off of 2.5 cubic feet NET and tune it to around 30-33. I have mine tuned to 32 right now, kinda wish I would have tuned it to 30. If you wanted to add a 3rd subwoofer since you have the room, I would suggust getting a 2k watt amp. That would set them nicely.
and 2 days and 24 posts later i FINALLY have an answer. Thank you. Guess its 2 Rs running off the viper with 600 RMS to each in a 2.5 per ported box tuned to around 32. See all you anti rs, if you just let us have answers to our questions its a lot easier.

I guess my statement the day after you posted didnt give you an answer? Sometimes I wonder why I give advice. I guess im invisable

badassbuddy_com-invisible.gif

Yeah well every post from #2-9 were full of great info. There were also some other info in some post after that. So I see what you are saying, just not to the full extent, or even half of the extent

Im not a Type R reader, but I read this post anyway. What are you gonna do about it?!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif j/k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.