Type R Passive Crossover Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

canadian_mofo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
van-city
Well its not really a problem its more broken. Just got my new Kenwood X890 Hu and my new Phoenix Gold Xenon amp and hooked it all up. This is after all my stuff just got ripped off. Anyways it sounds just fantastic i was really impressed. Except it seemed as though my passenger side door speaker wasnt working, which it wasnt. So i take off my door pannel thinking the wire has come undone. Nope all good so then i check the conections with the meter. No power going to the speaker through the Alpine Type R crossover, although there is power entering and exiting on the tweeter side. So my **** crossover for my 6.5" type R isnt working and looks as though the idiot that stole my stuff steped on it cause there is a crack in it. What can i do guys? Anyone have a type R crossover for sale? Or can i get one anywhere or do i have to buy something different? This really pisses me off. Any help would be appreciated.

No I am using the tweets just running them active. But I have a couple of sets of CDT tweets and some aura mobile reference crossovers.

Can i guy any type of passive crossover set for my TYpe R's? Are they all pretty much the same? I see lots on ebay for cheap but are there some that are better than others? If i were to buy a different brand of passives what would be ok ones to choose from? Like how would these be? I just have to pay so **** much to get alot of stuff shipped to me from the states to here in Canada and this guy sells outta canada. http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-1-Pair-Kenwood-KPX-H403-Passive-Crossover-Network_W0QQitemZ9725671653QQcategoryZ79840QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem would buying a pair of type R crossovers be better than these for my speakers?

Passive units that are packed with a comp set are deigned with the mids and tweeters in mind. They use set crossover points and slopes based on those drivers. If it were me, I would buy a new Type R unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.