Type of glue for carpeting....

Puppet Master
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Fargo, ND
Hey all...I am about to build my second box for a friend of mine using one of moe lester's plans. The box building itself will be no problem, but for me the carpeting will be the issue. The main problem I had with my first box was that when I carpeted it the glue didn't hold too well around the port and sub hole. SO my question is what type of adhesive do you guys use?

Polyurethane Construction Adhesive, apply a thin layer, not too thick or it will bleed through the carpet. Best stuff, carpet will never come back up. Kind of cheap too.

Hey OP

You live in Fargo ND? There is a company I work for- has a branch there- called Holdahl. They have at least 4 different kinds of spray adhesive. Their Fargo Location phone number is 701-277-7070. Call them up, ask them what they would suggest. You can then buy it there, you can prolly get it for around 10$ a can. I would help you out with my employee discount, but it still costs me 9$ a can + shipping.

They also have 3M Super 77...

6423800.jpg

unless you are doing this as a job and carpeting tons of boxes. then a can of this stuff will work great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.