Two hdc3 15s or one hdc4 18

Is it possible to travel to another country where equipment is cheaper? Buy it there and install at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Typically things are far more expensive in other countries.....you think gas is expensive here in the USA, someone else is paying $6/gallon.

Nope. Typically things are far more expensive in other countries.....you think gas is expensive here in the USA, someone else is paying $6/gallon.
Gas is cheap here. I’m familiar with Europe and their prices. Wasn’t sure how the prices in neighboring countries like Sweden compare to Norway.

Gas is cheap here. I’m familiar with Europe and their prices. Wasn’t sure how the prices in neighboring countries like Sweden compare to Norway.

When you say here, you mean TX?

Is it possible to travel to another country where equipment is cheaper? Buy it there and install at home.

Not really, sweden is cheaper with food but thats about it, closest one with significant difference is prob bulgaria or something and thats some days worth of driving so pretty limited options..:/

Dam near 3 here.....ridiculous. I know some places, in other states its cheaper. I think FL is just over 2

Just saw what todays gas prices were, 16kr per liter aka 2,2 dollars, in gallon you need 3,7 liters so 2,2 dollars x 3,7 liters is 8,1 dollars a gallon(US) here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Should just move iguess haha.. hence the electric car muuch cheaper

Oh i see, still love the idea with the two hdc3 15s haha, when i had just two of the CV 15s it was good and with good response, heard 17hz for the first time and stuff, btw the subs will be inverted, so this is a 5cf box with port/woofer displacement
I promise you, with subs like that 2 12s will be louder AND sound better than 2 15s in your airspace. I've done a lot of testing with similar design woofers and unless you're doing huge power SPL bursts you really do want them in a big box.

here are the major retailer/shops that almost all have Ground zero, some b2 and so on.
Hi-Fi, hjemmekino, selvbygghøyttalere, kabler og bilstereo - DYNABEL AS

https://www.bassbrothers.no

Sandviks Bass & Bongel

And this

Hop Audio, Velkommen til vår nettbutikk

Notice the last one, the last one has a mockup of a soundqubed or dd redlines at a farely good price.

the others have real imported products that have been through the lvl1000 strict taxes we have here. even sundown but they are $$
Those DD redline subs are pretty nice. I've seen a few local to me and they performed really nicely. I'm a big fan of the HDC3 as well, but Redline is no slouch.

I promise you, with subs like that 2 12s will be louder AND sound better than 2 15s in your airspace. I've done a lot of testing with similar design woofers and unless you're doing huge power SPL bursts you really do want them in a big box.

Those DD redline subs are pretty nice. I've seen a few local to me and they performed really nicely. I'm a big fan of the HDC3 as well, but Redline is no slouch.
DD redline and hdc3 are both SHlTTY woofers. They will make some bass but ewww

I actually work with home audio stuff, there are many examples where there is very little space (not ideal) but with wifes complaining it has to be the smallest possible, loads of great subs that work brilliantly but not as a traditional subwoofer/box.

Have you seen Exo's frankenstein? The woofers litterally could not fit normally cuz of the box was so small, however those 6 18s pounded. I get that you would want some number of cf for each woofer size and so on but some times (if you have the power and enough bracing) adding cone area would not be a bad idea.

Remember my main goal is just to be Loud . And hit deacent lows if possible but not necessarly;)

I actually work with home audio stuff, there are many examples where there is very little space (not ideal) but with wifes complaining it has to be the smallest possible, loads of great subs that work brilliantly but not as a traditional subwoofer/box.
Have you seen Exo's frankenstein? The woofers litterally could not fit normally cuz of the box was so small, however those 6 18s pounded. I get that you would want some number of cf for each woofer size and so on but some times (if you have the power and enough bracing) adding cone area would not be a bad idea.

Remember my main goal is just to be Loud . And hit deacent lows if possible but not necessarly;)
Exo box just had shallow mounting depth because it was odd shape, so he inverted, it wasn’t a small box at all. It was a bpillar wall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.