Two hdc3 15s or one hdc4 18

Lets put it this way.... even 1 hdc 12 in a proper box will be louder than two hdc3 18s or 15s shoved in 5 cubes. These arent home audio subs where they can work in small boxes. These are real subwoofers that displace real air. You rob them of the airspace they need to perform, they wont put out any bass, plain and simple. Especially when you barely have enough power to just tickle one HDC3. A pair of hdc3s like around 5k power and a pair of hdc4s like around an 8k amp to perform.
****, new amp will cost alot if i need that much power.

how about Isobaric? putting one pair of woofers under the inverted ones and running them in isobaric cone to cone. think some of the t/s parameters halfen which make them need half the box volume to perform, got the power, btw these subs are 8ohm SVC, so 2ohm total.

isobaric also a nono old term?:p

****, new amp will cost alot if i need that much power.
how about Isobaric? putting one pair of woofers under the inverted ones and running them in isobaric cone to cone. think some of the t/s parameters halfen which make them need half the box volume to perform, got the power, btw these subs are 8ohm SVC, so 2ohm total.

isobaric also a nono old term?:p
No just no

Put a PAIR of 12's in 4-5ft3 net or a single decent 15 and you'll be even louder still, get an enclosure designed properly and with your "2500" watts it'll get down pretty good. By that I mean it'll absolutely blow away the 4 subs in your current setup. That box looks to be way to small, bass takes space.

Put a PAIR of 12's in 4-5ft3 net or a single decent 15 and you'll be even louder still, get an enclosure designed properly and with your "2500" watts it'll get down pretty good. By that I mean it'll absolutely blow away the 4 subs in your current setup. That box looks to be way to small, bass takes space.
Yeah, those four 15s were a experement really, plays ok but not ideal haha..

Btw would two hdc3 12s be hard to drive? Would i get louder with smaller drivers and smaller motor power? The 2500w are pretty real, maybe not 2500w real rms consistent but as you saw the guts and so on, on the amp it looks not bad for a 2,5k amp, 0awg terminals and everything;)

Btw would two hdc3 12s be hard to drive? Would i get louder with smaller drivers and smaller motor power? The 2500w are pretty real, maybe not 2500w real rms consistent but as you saw the guts and so on, on the amp it looks not bad for a 2,5k amp, 0awg terminals and everything;)
Once again I'll reiterate... a pair of decent 750 watt 12's or a single decent 1500 watt 15" will probably match up well with that amp. What brands are available to you? Personally I feel a pair of SA-12's would be a great setup on your power. Around 4.25ft3 net 60in2 ported to 32hz or so (29"-32" long), but that option might not be available in your area... IDK. Are the SQ subs something you can get easily? I'm sure they'll do fine... a lot better than 4 CV XL-15's in 5 ft3 net!

If u feel that plays ok I doubt you have heard a proper subwoofer in the proper enclosure

Yeah alot of b2 audio here, DD and Ground zero mostly and pioneer focal and all those
i'd place their subs above soundqubed and i've ran plenty of soundqubeds.

Look into a single HN 15 if you want it to hit the low notes and get loud. It should completely murder your 4 15s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.