FEATURED Two 15"s in a Nissan 350z [WIP]

Forgot to post actual score
SCORE-SPL350z.jpg

Metering is like one of those things like ripping a bandaid off haha, been there. Idk if you have your roof braced or anything, but you're at the level you might be flexing some bass out...just a thought. Cool build for sure.

Did you have the fur in the port when you metered?

Last edited:
Ok, the pics aren't loading well for me, but it appears you have a gap above the wall. If I was you, I'd seal that rear gap sort of flush with the front of the box, and maybe do it with lexan so you can still see out of the back, tie it into the roof so it braces it. If you actually keep air from going behind the face of the box on all sides it would help the sound, IMO, just some thoughts, cool build for sure.

Last edited:
Metering is like one of those things like ripping a bandaid off haha, been there. Idk if you have your roof braced or anything, but you're at the level you might be flexing some bass out...just a thought. Cool build for sure.

Did you have the fur in the port when you metered?
Metered no bracing (roof has almost zero flex and absolutely no rattles - very strong anti-roll design), window meter position, warm evening, loaded off one door. Flexing some bass from the hatch seal, for sure - do have thoughts/plans to wall off the rear section with some half inch Lexan but I know that will change my cabin tuning and it scares me because it sounds REALLY good now with a good bandwidth from about 24Hz up to about 55Hz. I did a 135db at 20Hz and a 147 almost at 35. I sat between 135 and 143 for every frequency between 20 and 50 on a sweep with the peak being 146.68 at 35. Pretty happy, ngl.

Yes fur was present but I don't see that making much difference at all and it was put there to eliminate port chuffing at the bottom end of my bandwidth (which I don't play often anyway).

Some pics decided not to load, but I wasn't sure if it was my end for some reason or the forum. I will post the pics again on a new post so you can have a look. Build is still slowly making progress, so nothing is "done" yet especially my really messy wiring which will be sorted out for sure in the near future.

Thanks for the comments!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...