Turn on "thump"

Originally posted by XCivic From time to time when I turn my reciever on or off I can hear a faint thump. How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Ro:confused:
mute the amp with some mutng plugs ------and test. tell us what happens

thats usually a turn on problem in the amp.....ffrom what I know I thought you couldnt get rid of it unless you put something a soft turnon switch or something....this is more of an ignorance post trying to get correct information than stating fact.....havnt dealt with that in a long time because all high end amps dont have that problem

Originally posted by XCivic thanks dude.....

It doesnt act or thump anymore....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
what do you mean----thanks??? how did you fix it?

Originally posted by mr4pto thats usually a turn on problem in the amp.....ffrom what I know I thought you couldnt get rid of it unless you put something a soft turnon switch or something....this is more of an ignorance post trying to get correct information than stating fact.....havnt dealt with that in a long time because all high end amps dont have that problem
turn on tumps don't aways come from the amp

yeh thats what i figured, its not from the headunit or anything turning on, its from the amp itself turning on.

Originally posted by mr4pto yeh thats what i figured, its not from the headunit or anything turning on, its from the amp itself turning on.
a turn ON tump can be caused by and upstream processor powering up AFTER the amp. if the upstream processor isn't of good design--- a signal thump can be sent down the RCAs an the amp will magnify it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.