turn off pop how to get rid of

Participant count
  • Participant list

etznova
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok so i just hooked my amps back up and i have a nasty turn off pop, now i had it before but not as bad

so here is my wireing rundown

my remote goes to a standard 30 amp relay and then branches out from there to my Battery isolator and to my three amps a memphis 3004 and 2 vfl 150.1 now i only get the pop through the sub amps

another question is i have a newer pioneer DEH-6800mp now i have get a lot of engine noise out of it, i have heard that they are natorois for that how can i fix that send it out or ground the rca or ground isolator

another thing with the deck is i have noticed is that the remote kicks off if you turn the volume to zero and if turns off and on if you change sources (from xm to tuner to cd and if you eject a cd it kicks off is this normal never seen a deck do that before

sorry for the long post i hope it makes sense

This kind of problem is often caused by transients in the signal processor as it powers down finding their way into the signal path, which the amplifier then transmits to the speakers.

Usually this can be solved by adding a little turn-off delay to the processor. This allows the processor to stay powered on for a short time after the amplifiers have powered down, thus preventing the pop.

Many components sold today (such as crossovers, equalizers, etc) have delays built-in. Read your manual to see if it is possible to set this delay on your piece of equipment or be sure to look for this feature during your next car audio purchase.

If your processor does not have this feature, you can build your own delay circuit with a diode and a capacitor. Add a 1N4004 diode in series with the processor's turn-on lead, striped side towards the EQ. Then add a capacitor in parallel, the (+) side of the cap connects to the striped (processor) side of the diode, the (-) side of the cap goes to ground (not the radio or EQ chassis - connect to the car chassis).

Experimenting with the cap value will give you the right amount of delay before the EQ shuts off. You don't want it too long, just long enough to make sure the amp is off before the EQ powers down. 220 - 1000 uF is about right, and make sure the cap is a polarized electrolytic, 16V or higher. Also keep in mind that the diode will introduce a 0.7V drop on the remote wire, which can cause the processor to power down before the rest of the system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.