Tuning my sub (rockford p3)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thanks in advance for any help i recieve //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Okay so I recently installed a system in my car for the first time, and I'm curious as to where I should set the frequency on the amp powering my sub for the best possible results. I'm also wondering the same thing for the frequencies on the other amp which is powering my speakers.

My current setup is as follows:

(1x 12" rockford fosgate p3d412 2011 version, in sealed prefab box)

(1x r1000-1D 1000w rockford fosgate mono amp)

(4x eclipse 6x9" speakers + 2x kenwood tweeters)

(1x r300-4 rockford fosgate 4 channel amp)

(1x rockford fosgate 1-farad digital capacitor)

(Kenwood KDC-348U Head Unit)

(1x Stinger SPV44 1320watt 725 max-amp battery)

I am planning to build or have built a custom box to fit the specs for my particular sub, but for the time being all i have is the crappy prefab sealed box that it came in. still not sure whether i'm going to go sealed or ported on the new box but leaning towards ported.

Anyways, thanks again for any help that can be offered to me, being as I am a complete noob to this type of thing!

Ok set sub amps SSF to 30hz or off if that is a option since you are running sealed if you plan on going with a ported box then be sure to set SSF with a sealed box you can turn it off if possible. You will then set the LPF around 80-100hz. Ok as far as the 4 channel amp set the HPF to around 60-80hz and you can turn off the LPF.

P.S get rid of the cap It is not helping with anything and might be hurting you as far as voltage.

I don't think I have an option to set the SSF. I Have a dial for the LPF, a dial for the gain, and a dial for the "punch bass" on the amp, as well as a phase switch that can either be set and 180 or 0 and is currently at 0. Also I'm not sure how high I should crank the gain or the punch bass on the amp. currently, the gain is about 3/4 of the way up, and the punch bass is about 1/3 of the way up. the sub supposedly can handle 1200w maximum, and has an rms of 600, not sure if that helps or not.

Yea, I think RF uses a set SSF which cant be moved from its factory freq setting. Not sure what it is but I would assume around 30-40 is the factory setting. Here is a guide to show you how to set ur gains. Yea it's about JL amps but applys to all amps - JL Audio - Car Audio Systems

That sub should be able to handle all that amp has assuming the signal is clean and not clipped. I assume your sub is dual2ohm? I also assume that the "punch bass" dial is nothing more then a bass boost dial which should be turned all the way down to ZERO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.