tuning low ???

lots of subs wont play higher notes well regardless if u tune 28hz or 35hz, they just drop off too fast

but take a sundown sa-12, both boxes 1.75 cubic feet, 600rms, one is tuned 28, other 35, the difference at 60hz is 1db, the higher tuned will play it louder obviously

but the box tuned to 35hz peaks at like 40hz. a 40hz tone would be 2 db louder than the 60hz would be. where the 28 tuned box plays every note less than a db of loudness from 28hz to 100hz.

of course thats all before cabin gain, which screws it all up, but my truck peaks at 40hz, so i do a 35tuned box, my 40hz tone is gonna be 3 or more db louder than my 60hz tone

Short answer, yes.

Although I'm not sure what "effect" your talking about, think of the relationship as a negative one. If one gains, the other loses

It depends on your definition of "high" notes. When you tune higher you get a very peaky response, meaning your sub will be a lot louder around a certain set of frequencies and fall off faster. If you tune lower your woofer can obviously play lower but it also smooths out that peak so you have a flatter response, but that also results in the peak frequencies not being as loud as before...It's a trade off based on personal preferences.

ok...i just did not want to tune low and end up not being able to play webbie 6 12s.. cause i also like dorrough trunk bang..

i was talking about 30-40 tuning ...

i was thinking aboit entering in the $150 challeng but i may not be able to do that ....i would have done like 55hz tuning -should do the trick-

Neither.. Go sealed.. and get real bass...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif Leave those wind farts to the SPL Guys

Neither.. Go sealed.. and get real bass...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif Leave those wind farts to the SPL Guys
Lol, some of us want more low-end than a sealed box can provide. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm tuned at 28hz right now. Original AA 10" Assassin in 1.5ft^3 with 21in^2 of port. Lows are great, and it can still play fine up VERY high. There's a little bit of a dip from 55-70hz, but the sub can literally play up to about 5khz(not very well, but it can do it). I imagine a little smaller box would help cure this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.