Im so lost w/ jl subs!

flatland
10+ year member

First off I am trying to choose from a JL Audio 6W3v3-4*or a JL 8w3. Here's my problem....I never have any space in my Honda Element with what I do for a living , not to mention the kids , and everything else that goes along with being a family man.

I truly enjoy listening to classic rock, some alternative , and light jazz and blues from time to time. I am just having such a hard time deciding what sub to get - I have no problem putting a 6w3 back in a kickpannel(most likely pass side) OR putting a 8w3 behind the centercouncle on the floor (mounted down of course). I will be running a mb quart onyx 5 channel amp to everything (5" diamond audios are done in the pillars )

My real question is (before I bore you all) is ; which sub should I go with? I don't like "boomy bass" and just like a bit more than "fill in the air".

(Even opinions on either sub is great!)

maybe go with a shallow mount.... Jl makes a 13TW5 I believe it is... it is 13.5 inches, but only has a mounting depth of 2.5 inches and can easily be hidden in the trunk. Subs don't always have to be loud either, it's the settings you use... Also To save on space if you choose another sub, look into a "stealthbox" JL makes quite a few of these, they are boxes perfectly fit for your car and even match carpeting so you can't even see that the sub is there. Just some options for you to think about.

Yeah, I was also looking at getting an SI.... I've heard good things about them, yet I never hear much about them..... I'd be interested to know, but that would be the better option for a shallow mount.

imo dont even bother with the 6w3v3, grab at least the 8. and no im not a bass head, but an 6" sub sealed i think my grandma could have that and not complain it was too loud so im sure it wouldnt be enough for u.

that SI is amazing in the sound quality department and being a 12 should be plenty loud if u were looking at an 8" sub. problem is the new ones wont be out till spring or maybe later. if u can wait they will not disappoint u. only need .5 cubic foot of a box too

the e-8 is a baby version of the sa-8 similar difference that will be in the sa and the x-8.

i believe the rms is ~200 on them and are a little more sq oriented. pretty solid little subs but it can be very easy to break the leads on with too much power or too big of a box.

not sure, the e-8 was out well before the sa-8 and i actually not sure if they are still in production, i know jacob has played around with a sq version of the x-8 after he gets it out.

which im rather excited about.

OP sorry for the thread jack, im done now.

So ive come to a conclusing of what i want to put in my car, im just still undecided(lol).Im looking at the shallow mount mb quart 10'' sub, or a jl 8'' sub . i think i went though of what i was looking for in a sub ,what i have room for , and what i listen to on a regular basis . so any help on opinions , or someone that has used one, or both would be very greatful .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.