setup
headunit jvc z1000x
amplifier Sony xmgs4 70 watts x4

speakers
siilver flute 6 1/2

tweeters focal twu1.5

I am getting almost no mid range
I sound treated the doors inside the door skin and outside
I used foam gasket material to seal the speaker adapter to the door and also use gasket material to seal the speaker to the speaker adapter
I used nvx fringe speaker foam to seal the speaker to the door along with the foam to reduce the sound wave from the back of the speaker

I have set the amplifier gain using a multimeter to get the correct watt that the amplifier is rated for

I used all new speaker wire to the speakers, I am going to use a active setup

I have not installed my sub amp or subs in the truck yet.

I gave the eq in the jvc set to flat. I have played many types of music. Ran test tones. Put on some heavy bass songs.
nothing of any real midrange will play of any volume

I know I am getting frequency to the silver flutes. At a 80 hz test tone I get sound. But not muck cone movement

what should I try to get this to sound like it should

crossover on the amp is currently set to full range

So what is the hpf on the radio set to?

Have you sealed the openings in your doors?

Have you done any time alignment? And are you sure the speakers are wired in phase with wash other.

They definitely should be moving a bit so it sounds like a crossover issue.

Doors should be sealed to the best you can
20181202_172337.jpg
PXL_20220918_223049344.MP.jpg

Thanks for the response Winky

how much mid base are you getting out of yours?

Doors are sealed close to what yours look like.

I have not checked if in phase, that will be next

I do not have any corssovers set yet

I have the amplifier set to full range. and the headunit set to flat

I can get some sound at 160hz test tone,
But on any test tone below 100hz it is not getting any real sound.
On music not much either

Thanks for the response Winky

how much mid base are you getting out of yours?

Doors are sealed close to what yours look like.

I have not checked if in phase, that will be next

I do not have any corssovers set yet

I have the amplifier set to full range. and the headunit set to flat

I can get some sound at 160hz test tone,
But on any test tone below 100hz it is not getting any real sound.
On music not much either
Check for crossovers built into the headunit.

Mine have quite alot of midbass but my doors are very well sealed, my mounting rings are solid, I have the seal ring, and currently they are seeing 80-125w each.

Did you buy the 4ohm or 8ohm version?

I still think you have a crossover turned on in the headunit.

winky

I think you are correct

on the JVC kwz1000 if using an idatalink on page 72 in the manual states that the best settings are set automatically

Now just have to figure out how to turn it off. if I make a change does it automatically turn off the factory settings?

winky

I think you are correct

on the JVC kwz1000 if using an idatalink on page 72 in the manual states that the best settings are set automatically

Now just have to figure out how to turn it off. if I make a change does it automatically turn off the factory settings?

Wish I was more familiar with both the jvc and idatalink product but I don't use either product and since I stopped working at a shop years ago don't get alot of hands on experience with a large variety of equipment.

Ok. Thanks

i will get if figured out. At least we are going in the right direction

i have a Dayton DSP-408 with blue tooth , I will hook it up just to see what it should sound like

Ok. Thanks

i will get if figured out. At least we are going in the right direction

i have a Dayton DSP-408 with blue tooth , I will hook it up just to see what it should sound like

Just remember midbass is hard to get. It's the one thing us sq guys rack our brains with.

Of you time you subs correctly with proper cross overs the subs can often help boost the midbass.

Consequently the subs may be more easily located since the higher the frequency the easier it is for the mind to locate a sound. Not a big deal for most people.

On the opposite side of things if the subs are out of phase 180°-359° they can actually cancel out the sound from the midbass. That's why setting phase up correctly and verifying phase at each speaker(manufacturers have wire + and - reverse before) is so important and time alignment helps fine tune the phase shift.

I checked the phase of each. So far good to go on that

I would assume that when I set the head unit to 3way and start changing the settings that it would get rid of the factory eq settings

how hard are the speakers to move by hand? i had to remove some sealing one time to let the speakers breath/move

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...