trying to wire my door speakers to my amp? help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Guinelle1
10+ year member

Chicago
Hey guys. newbie here.. im trying to wire my front door speakers to my amp but im having a problem. the amp is a rockford fosgate 201s and it works fine. so what i did was used JL audio speaker wire to rca adapters.

i hooked one up to the left front speaker output on my head unit, then ran an rca cable to my amp. hooked a speaker up to the channel output and all i get is a high pitch noise coming from the speaker. i messed with the settings on the amp but it doesnt do anything... can someone please help me?

I'm assuming you are using a factory headunit without RCA pre-outs. To use the speaker/high level output of your factory headunit with your amp you will need to use the high level input harness, connecting the high level signal to the RCA inputs won't work. If you don't have the harness for the amp you will need a line out converter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.