trying to find amp. 1000 at 2 ohms

thatguy12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
As the title says. i am doing a build for a friend. first full build im getting payed for (already built box for a sundown sa 12 D4 i sold him, and it slams for being on 300 watts.) i am trying to find him a descent amp that does around 1000 rms @ 2 ohms; i know a hard task, quality isnt the first thing on dudes mind, money is. what would everyone recommends, i have already been looking at the audiopipe apsm 1800 ( claims 1100 but i doubt it does that with clean power). he would prefer new but i would like to hear some used offers.

Help me out guys, starting to build alot of boxes for people and i would love to do builds for extra money over the summer so i want the product i get to be as good it can be with the amount of money he said i can spend. thank you

if you can get your hands on one a Boston Acoustics GT-2300 would do you well. mine is putting out 1100W at 4 ohms clean. i think i picked mine up for 190.00

Matt

What is your price range? Personally I would stay away from the ap stuff. That dirty power rep they have is no joke.
he said 200, i know very little. gotta work with what ya got on minimum wage lol.

that does look nice. ill talk to him. if that does that much power i think he would kill the sa 12. i know there underrated and i own them and love them but ive seen five sa series get blown running on 1200 to 1400 clean watts so im kinda nervous with that.

just make sure to set it up for him and if he blows it then you know he messed with ****. lol

Matt

just make sure to set it up for him and if he blows it then you know he messed with ****. lol
Matt
right, i have been installing his amp and subs for a while, just never full build and i tell him never to touch any settings lol. people around my area go through subs like candy it seems. clipping doesnt exists for them, they like volume damm near full, crank the gain, and of coarse the bass boost. many dont know why their stuff keeps blowing.

those are the main two that i thought of, but my buddy didnt give me much room for the amp. having trouble finding any less for 250.00 including the local craigslist.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.