Amp for 4 Sundown E-15's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

G-Rad
10+ year member

As one may have read in the subwoofer threads, I am ding something that's kinda budget, and need to look into an amp. I used to have an MA HK-602SX, but honestly, I had to get rid of it due to financial mishaps and of course it being a 2-channel-power-hungry Class A/B amp, it obviously would not work for subs, despite it pushing my old Crossfire XS 12... Until the tensile lead flaw sprung into action...

SO yeah, back at square 1 and wanted to get some suggestions. I was looking at the Brutus BRX1600. I'd like to keep it under 200-250 but I know that'll be extremely difficult. I know I'll get what I pay for, but I've read some decent things about the BRX series and they seem to be good for "getting my feet wet" so to speak. A BC2000 was another option if I stretch te budget a little.

I do my best to do my homework. Just sometimes being legally blind, I could miss the fine print. THanks in advance guys.

-G

As one may have read in the subwoofer threads, I am ding something that's kinda budget, and need to look into an amp. I used to have an MA HK-602SX, but honestly, I had to get rid of it due to financial mishaps and of course it being a 2-channel-power-hungry Class A/B amp, it obviously would not work for subs, despite it pushing my old Crossfire XS 12... Until the tensile lead flaw sprung into action...
SO yeah, back at square 1 and wanted to get some suggestions. I was looking at the Brutus BRX1600. I'd like to keep it under 200-250 but I know that'll be extremely difficult. I know I'll get what I pay for, but I've read some decent things about the BRX series and they seem to be good for "getting my feet wet" so to speak. A BC2000 was another option if I stretch te budget a little.

I do my best to do my homework. Just sometimes being legally blind, I could miss the fine print. THanks in advance guys.

-G
In this case as your on a budget the Brutus BRX1600.1 Would be perfect. Yet iv always questioned if it really lets out the power it does. but my friend has his brx1600 at 1 ohm and it doesn't really get hot. gets warm time from time but never hot.

My cousin has a Gladiator GLX 1400.1D and I have yet to see him drop it to 1 ohm yet. It pushes a fair amount of power to an MTX MXS 1204 (4 ohms) and he's also ran my vintage L7 that I randomly got (2 ohms). It does get decently loud. It doesn't get warm aside from the Texas heat. However I think it does a fair job. That's why I was curious on the BRX series. I seen the BRZ series do some pretty solid work. My buddy has 2 BRZ2400s pushing 2 HDC3's clamped strapped doing rated or just a very little bit over.

I suggest stretching the budget and getting the bc2k, it will trash the other amps stated. If you cant, look for a Planet Audio bb2400 or Db drive p2k, both are better than other amps listed and below 2k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

G-Rad

10+ year member
G-Rad
Seagoville, Tx.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from