Trunk Setup Opinion?

Which budget setup are you feelin?

• Total voters
You cant' really fit a horn into a trunk, or even a car for that matter. All you could build would be a quarter wave resonator with a tapered mouth, why car audio guys call that a "horn" idk. Anyway I'd just do a ported 15 facing the trunk lid. KISS (keep it simple stupid) Unless your box builder knows how to use akabac or hornresp, he has NO idea how a enclosure with changing cross sectional area will model. Even if he does, modeling it in a car is tricker still.

You cant' really fit a horn into a trunk, or even a car for that matter. All you could build would be a quarter wave resonator with a tapered mouth, why car audio guys call that a "horn" idk. Anyway I'd just do a ported 15 facing the trunk lid. KISS (keep it simple stupid) Unless your box builder knows how to use akabac or hornresp, he has NO idea how a enclosure with changing cross sectional area will model. Even if he does, modeling it in a car is tricker still.
Kool ****! thanks for the input! So sub up port back? both up?

well he's not into audio or competing but I know he'll want to crank it up no matter what's going in there. And who knows, having a little junk in the trunk might turn him onto the CA scene. But yea, not picky bout dBs, just want to get the maximum output out of whichever sub I go w/. Anything will be a huge upgrade

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...