is this a decent amount of spl for what i have

vbk09
10+ year member

alright yall im new to this forum but i gotta quick question for all those of yall out there that have ear bleeding, competition winning systems

im hitting 141.2db is this good for what i have?

its a 95 camaro coupe

battery: duralast gold(eek i know)

alternator: Delco Remy 105amp

wire: 4awg all around(battery to amp/alt/grounds) and 10awg to all speakers

h/u: pioneer deh3100ub

speakers: infinity reference 6.75's all around at 2.65ohms

amps: alpine 500.1 monoblock for sub (another eek i know) 500rms continuous

sub: 10" Boston Acoustics G51044 in a turbobass probox

ihave the sub with port facing hatch lid so that it fires straight into the cab

be easy on me...ive been wanting to update alot for a while but moneys tight as im in college, and i think for a first system that all in all cost me less than $500(i got really lucky and got amazing deals) its at least pretty decent

just lemme know how decent it is, and what yall would update first if it was yall

With what mic was it done? Freq? Sealed or outlaw?

All these play a factor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That's a good number for 500w on a 10 in a prefab regardless. Well, on a TL, anyway.

Louder than me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's decent for a system (if you used a term lab sealed..). It's nothing near ear bleeding but it hits aight. It's really up to you if you're cool with it then that is all that matters

well im not sure what mic they used...i took it to a local car audio shop, where we sat in my car with windows up, and stuck the microphone on the windshield, facing the hatch...im not sure the brand either but looking at the machine, i could tell it was just a cheap $20 SPL meter. the box is tuned to 42 or 43hz gains set to "nom" on amp, low pass at 55hz-ish and bass boost at 12dB

and about the double d-s...yea they are pretty dang amazing...my friends got two 2500 12's hooked up to a boston gt28 and yes they will pound the mess out of his car...but for $100 you can't go wrong with an unused g5..only paid 100 for amp and got box free for graduation,so id say i got away pretty cheap for what i have

do yall see me hitting much harder by upping the amp to one actually worth having? the rms on the sub is 450, but ive heard of people pushing much more from brands that actually output true wattage

If it's a cheap spl meter then i really doubt ur even hitting 135s... Here's what a TL looks like

7Image.jpg

And on the computer it looks like this

Term-LAB%2020092009%20175612.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.