Trunk Rattles NEED HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

venom107
10+ year member

The Graveyard Shift
I have almost got my Toyota completely soundproof but ther is one last thing that rattles. Its the key latch on the inside. I looked at it over and over to see if I could somehow stop it but Im stumped. My car would sound so nice if that would just quit so if there is anyone with a Tercel or any other car like it that has had this problem please help me. I was thinking about putting industrial carpet padding on the whole latch area but my subs are firing towards that direction and Im not sure if the SQ would ****. Thanks for the help.

If you have a trunk-pop switch on the inside, couldn't you shave off the lock cylinder? You could also try putting something inbetween the clip that holds the cylinder and the trunk, kind of like a shim, to make it a little more ridged. But, if you can afford it, I'd shave it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.