What do you guys think ??

Andy_92GM
10+ year member

Miami, FL
Just wanted to see what you guys think of my system.

currently

1 Rockford Fosgate Power 1500bd

2 Pioneer Premier TS-W1241DVC (New model) (with gold or brass colored heatsink)

2 Infinity Kappa 5x7 speakers (up front) (new silver model with seperate crossover)

2 Infinity Kappa 6x9 speakers (Rear deck) (new silver model with seperate crossover)

To come:

1 Pioneer Premier TS-W1241DVC

1 Rockford Fosgate Power 800.4

2 Rockford Fosgate 1 farad capacitors

Also currently have a Pionner AVX-7300 (7" LCD) with a Pioneer AVM-9000R (Brains with Dobly Digital and DTS Decoding)

The subwoofer box currently has 3 seperate chambers each one a littel over 1 cubic foot (to make up for the driver displacement). Pioneer reccomends 1 cubic foot enclosure but I want a little more spl out of it can anyone reccomend anything.

All this is in a 1990 Lincoln Towncar

I like it! Those Infinity's must sound really nice. Get rid of that Sony quick for that nice in-dash LCD screen!

What kind of box do you have those subs in right now? Sealed? For more SPL dont you go with a bandpass(ewww....) or ported box?

I hate bandpass boxes, I have them in a sealed 1 cubic foot box but I'm thinking of going ported. Can anyone give me specs for a ported box for these subwoofers.

Just went out and bought a new headunit.

I got a Pioneer AVX-7300DVD

- 7" Wide screen LCD

I also got the pioneer AVM-9000R AV receiver (The brains)

- Dolby Digital and DTS Decoding, 45x6 MOSFET Power, DSP Processor and a lot of features

you can find out more here about both of them

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarProductDetails/0,1429,510,00.html

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarProductDetails/0,1429,2234,00.html

I paid $1,915.00 with taxes and everything. Better now??

Originally posted by Andy_92GM I hate bandpass boxes, I have them in a sealed 1 cubic foot box but I'm thinking of going ported. Can anyone give me specs for a ported box for these subwoofers.
The specs on the box depends on the specs of the speaker, but noone can seem to find the specs on these speakers (TS-W1241DVC that is).. Not the listed RMS, VCCS, cone made of blah blah, but the Qts, Qms, Fs, etc etc.. the 'real' specs.. Do you have those?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.