Trunk box advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeuceLoco

CarAudio.com Newbie
AZ
Trunk box advice needed....At the moment I have my subs and ports facing rear but still have a few inches on top and on sides of my actual box so I still get good bass into the cab. The problem is one of my SDRs blew and i am looking to upgrade my subs to 2 12s DDX or EVL (unless there is something better for under 200 per sub) but would need a larger enclosure and it would sacrifice those extra inches of space I have for the sound to still travel to the cab. Its not "sealed" but still worried about too much "bass blockage" what would be the best box to go with.... 4th order, sealed facing forward, 2 seperate ported boxes facing rear or facing eachother with a space in between them for more bass to enter the vehicle? Etc I am looking for that perfect medium with both SQ and SPL

I'm looking for 4-5 cubic feet depending on which route i choose

Ps. I drive a 2019 Impala so its a big trunk and i always leave my rear seats folded down so that ia not a problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.