Port length question Dayton HO 10

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
question on what the port length needs to be

I asked parts express and this is what they sent back

: 1.5cft vented for the HO10 DFC subwoofer

One 4" port that is 39.15' long would tune well. That would be getting an F3 of about 26 Hz.

My question is this. the enclosure will be no where close 39 inches in length.

1 from what I can tell is I will have a port extending well outside the enclosure
2 or tune the box higher

for the ones that have expreience with this subwoofer what is your setup?

can someone point me in the right direction?

From what I remember about this sub years ago,
.7@30hz is what was recommended by many. If I decide to try this sub in my single cab, that is what I will be going with. Port will be an external port that fires to driver side

Their recommendation is not going to work in a vehicle. For home audio, that wouldnt be an issue. I had one in 1 cube tuned to 30hz behind the seat of my s10, and that seemed to work well. You could probably go down to even .75 cubes tuned in the 30s and sound good. Subs in a house work different than in your car. The bass in the car is accentuated by cabin gain, which changes the whole enclosure.

Cool Deal

thanks for your help

I am thinking I will start at .85 cf and tune and work the box size from there

6E557635-C871-4D3E-B677-A527673A9339.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.