Truck stutters

Its the drag created from your alternator. You don't feel it surge when the clutch is pushed in or when your in neutral right? I have a 5 speed in my Sonoma (4.3L v6) with dual alternators. When the amps are drawing a ton of power it puts more strain on your electrical and makes the alts work harder. If im just idling about 5mph in 1st gear and turn my system up a ton.... It almost stops the truck. But its definitely the alternator
I agree with this.

I have a 98 GTP just installed a 250a singer it started this but only at full tilt,never stalled the car but does choke it down

I agree with this.I have a 98 GTP just installed a 250a singer it started this but only at full tilt,never stalled the car but does choke it down
I'm wondering if u don't have the same issue I had. Something I did will using the help I was given was measure the resistance on te grounds. My oem ground strap was .025. I checked various places on the engine and it matched. After adding the 0ga grounds my engine and components sit at .03. Heck my meter from lead to lead is .02. So that might help u.

I'm wondering if u don't have the same issue I had. Something I did will using the help I was given was measure the resistance on te grounds. My oem ground strap was .025. I checked various places on the engine and it matched. After adding the 0ga grounds my engine and components sit at .03. Heck my meter from lead to lead is .02. So that might help u.
Its just the alternator picking up to supply the current draw.

Just like when giving someone a boost when you hook the jumper cables up you get a slight drop in rpms and can hear the alternator pickup some

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.