truck box...

Participant count
  • Participant list

substance
10+ year member

houston
i got a single cab silverado with a 10w3 d4 in a big sealed box, not sure the exact size, but basically my 10 is on one side and there is enough room to cut a hole for another 10. I have a bazooka el 1500 (500.1) wired @ 8 ohm mono. It sounds alright with the windows down but with the windows up, i cant hear the bass. When i wire it at 2 ohms, its alot louder but at certain frequencies the sub makes a loud popping sound like its reaching its excursion limits, and i still cant hear the bass with the windows up. I was thinking about either porting it, or cuting the end of the box off to make it smaller and resealing it. I would like to solve both problems (being able to run it at 2 ohms and hear the bass with the windows up) What about porting it and resizing the box? I have no expeirence making boxes. So bear with me here...

Also i know im putting too much power to the sub with 500 watts, so maybe a different sub would help also. I more into SPL then SQ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.