glue gun

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey don't worry about ricerdude in that other thread!!! I'm sure it would seal the box up just fine but it does kinda seem like it would be a pain in ass changing sticks all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hey ill be dam* that would work, that would make a very good seal between two peices of wood. The only problem I can see is that it would dry before you got the two peices of wood together and it wouldnt be pushed into the small crevaces like normal wood glue or caulk. But still it would be one hell of a tight seal when you think about it. The dried bead of hot glue would be pressed into a thin layer between the two peices of wood when they were screwed together. I might just have to try that.

I thought about it drying before you get it put together to. But then I re-read it and he says that he glues it before assembly (wood glue I'm assuming) then goes over all the joints with hot glue. Which I'm sure works fine but if you squeeze glue out of the joint when you screw it together theres really no need to go over it again

I GUARANTEE the joint is not as strong as using wood glue and certainly not liquide nails....it does seal well, if you look at pre fab boxes, the holes for wiring is usually sealed with it.....I dont see why your saying its better than regular wood glue....did i miss something? could you explain better/differently?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.