Truck box plans?

robby
10+ year member

long shot... but does anyone have any plans for a single 15" truck box.. specifically for a 2000GMC Sierra ext. its a rf punch hx2 if that matters... im hoping that itll fit and i wanna use all of the space under the seat .. thanks

Sometimes you can get lucky and find the pre-made boxes by qlogic or whatever; dimentions. my suggestion is to see if there is one, then if you find one, do a search on google or something for the dimentions. a lot of the times they give them for measuring purposes.

piss on those boxes. they're expensive as hell and i heard that they dont really sound that good

i bought a sheet of mdf for $20 and a tube of liquid nails and made a box for my 10" edk to fire towards the floor underneath my 99 gmc seat.

my box goes as far back as it can possibly go and is almost flush with the front of the seat, so putting in a 15" one may be pretty hard.

you also have to take into consideration the mounting depth of the sub and how far you want it to be from the floor if you have it firing downward.

piss on those boxes. they're expensive as hell and i heard that they dont really sound that good

if you are refering to stealth boxes man were you misinformed. They are designed to provide optimal performance for the application. A stealthbox under the bench with a single 12 proivides the same performance as 2 12's in a regular box

Well I am just talking from personal experience. At a local show/comp at tweeter a gmc ex cab with a stealth box and 1 12w3 running off of a Jl250/1 beat out a chevy ex cab with 2 12w3's in a regular box and a jl 500/1. So i guess they cant be that bad huh

I have a 97 GMC Sierra, and i have a itty bitty sealed box housing 2 10's under my back bench fits about 1/3 inch out past the seat but fits under there dang well, im setting to make a new one for my Comp Vr's. I know u can fit 12's but i think 15's u would have to lift ur seat up and bracket it up or something.

Here it is...

373503_12_full.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.