Truck box I designed, what do you guys think?

Participant count
  • Participant list

chevy_man
10+ year member

Montana
I actually designed this for my sister, she is building it in shop class so I'll have pictures in another week or so, but this is my quick autocad sketch. What do you guys think? Forgot, it'll have some mtx subs and a 250x2 MA audio amp, the amp might not get hooked up for awhile cause somebody broke into her truck and jacked her 4ga power and ground cable, remote lead, and RCA's.

caitlinssubboxbackfiring2.jpg

Weaksause.......

Now here are some truck boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

BOXDP18.jpg

Just kidden man, looks good. Looking forward to finish pics..

Jon

i see you got a p960mp... i feel for ya man, i had a 850 and the face plate motor broke and i sold it, bought a brand new 960 and the back screen broke. cost 65 bucks to fix it ($7 part + labor)... i'm never getting a dual faceplate deck ever again... at least not without a warranty... good luck on your build...

The 960 has been good to me except the ribbon cables. I'm sure the cables are related to the weather here, because they only break in the winter, and both have gone out when I first started the truck in -20* or lower weather. My solution was to turn off the auto-open and leave it closed till the interior is good and warm for awhile. I did buy 4 sets of repair kits off ebay (ribbon cable, isolator, new trimring) so I should be able to keep it going for a long time.

Also, it quit ejecting cd's, it shoots them out a 1/4" and you have to tap down on them to make it push them out. I solved this by a $10 rca adapter, a 6' $15 rca to 1/8" jack cable, and hooking it up to my ipod or laptop.

I love this deck for the eq, the time alighnment, and the all around adjustability. Also pro mode is kicka**. I'll admit I don't judge much by looks, but it does look preety **** good compared to most of whats on the market.

Sorry for the book, I'll call my sister tonight and see when she's e-mailing me pics so I can get them up!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.