Transmission Line 10" Encolsure

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheBassDr

Utah
It will be located in the trunk with one or two TS-W106DVC subwoofers. My purpose in this build is to improve the low end (

Trunk dimensions:

Max opening: 39.5"

Max height: 15.5"

Max depth: 36"

Width @ C pillar: 36"

I would prefer it to go back as far as possible; i.e. 36" is my prefered width.

bbeljefe and other t-line experienced individuals: HELP ME!!!

Where in the world do I start?

Ugh... Pioneer isn't forthcoming with TS parameters and I have none for that driver.

I would assume this driver's Fs is at or about 30 hz, although it's probably a bit lower given the low power and high compliance. Next we need the Sd of the piston. Measure from the center of the surround on one side of the driver to the center of the surround on the other side of the driver. Then, half that number and use the following:

X * X * 3.14159 = Transmission line area

X = the measurement you took.

If you plan to use two of these in one t-line, double the line area. You're gonna have some fun making that spaghetti roll of a t-line fit in the dimensions you have but, it can be done. And, it will sound good.

EDIT: I think I may have access to one of those speakers. There's a 4th order in my daughter in law's car that has a Pioneer woofer in it and I think it may be that one. If it's not, I know it's a comparable low powered speaker so I'll snatch it out and run it on the DATS and get the TS specs we need. Won't make a HUGE difference in what you build but it will at least give us some idea of what to expect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.