Another newbee question from a veteran...

Participant count
  • Participant list

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I am wanting to add a "loading wall" to the box in my CTS... I had the system installed for a while and it was meh, I slid it further to the rear of the trunk (to use the trunk lid as a loading wall) and it improved SUBSTANTIALLY! but I lost all of my trunk space. I have needed a bit of trunk space a few different times over the last year and it is annoying to not have it so I want to slide the box against the back seat and install a loading wall. I will keep it really simple, just going to attach it right to the box, using aluminum tubing as spacers and it'll be held on my long bolts going through the spacers, into the box.

My question is: How exactly do I decide how far to space the wall from the subs? Right now, I have it about 6"~ from the trunk lid and I am happy with it. HOWEVER I have a ported rear deck (removed factory 10" and left the hole open) so I assume moving the box is going to change a lot of things. I guess my main concern is, how close it TOO CLOSE for a loading wall? I was thinking I'll start at 4", then do 6", then 8" and see which I like best but, I thought I would ask, just in case.

6 inches will prolly work well. If you seal off the remaining part of the trunk from the loading wall forward it shouldnt hurt performance but rather help buy directing airflow and sound back forward

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.