Trans am rear fill

Participant count
  • Participant list

caliboyta
10+ year member

hey guys. Im trying to do up my system for my 02 trans am and im wondering do i need a rear fill. Right now this is my setup im going for.

Front stage: hertz mille 6.5 comp set

4 channel amp: alpine pdx-f6 (150x4)

Subs: 2 10 IA lethal injection

2 channel amp: fosgate power 1100a2

My question is do i really need a rear fill for my setup? Alot of people are saying that i should ditch my rear coaxial and buy a good processor so i can run active. what u guys suggest?

You'll get a bunch of different opinions here on that. Some people love rear fill, some hate it. It's your choice. My personal opinion is that I use rear fill but I would never waste amp channels on it. Good coaxials off HU power has always been adequate for me.

You'll get a bunch of different opinions here on that. Some people love rear fill, some hate it. It's your choice. My personal opinion is that I use rear fill but I would never waste amp channels on it. Good coaxials off HU power has always been adequate for me.
agree ,but it also depends on the type of car/truck to

what im afraid that if i get coaxials for the rear on the amp, that my mids and highs will overpower my subs. I've heard 2 milles comp sets on a motorcycle with a jl audio amp and it was super loud, almost unbearly loud. as for the subs, i talked to the IA rep and he said the lethal injections are capable of low 140's db with the right setup.

low 140s isnt as loud as you might think.i was gonna sell ia in the bay area ,still might but the opening order they want is more than i wanna pay or sit on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.