Totally new to this and need an amp

Morpheen
10+ year member

First off, I don't trust the people I know personally telling me what to get for an amp because I know they are not good at car audio.

So here's the deal, I have a set of Kenwood KFC-W3009. I have two of them in a box. I however have no clue what amp to get. Someone recommended the Kenwood KAC-8105D which is definitely in my price range (roughly 150-ish).

Would that work with them? The RMS of a single sub was 400 (800 max, whatever that means).

Thanks a lot guys. I was looking at Amazon because I refuse to go to Best Buy and am unsure of the audio places around here. I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

Refurbished Cadence Flash F700 1 Class AB 1600 Watt Mono Block Car Amplifier 613815572411 | eBay
Refurbished Cadence Z5000 Class AB 1500 Watt Competition Monoblock Car Amplifier | eBay

both these are amazing choices and are beign bought direct from cadence themselves. the second one is the better of the 2, there top line and built in the us

you can call them direct on the phone and talk to them great guys

732-370-5400
Care to explain how the second one is better? I'm looking at watts and the first one is 800 and the second is 750.

Care to explain how the second one is better? I'm looking at watts and the first one is 800 and the second is 750.
higher wattage doesnt mean better. @mclerico83 probably means better as in cleaner output and more efficient. just a higher quality

yes the z amp is their top of the line built in the us. 24db crossovers vs 12 iirc on the flash. rms rating a lot of time dont mean anything. the z is the better amp trust me. its the best they make. I think its your best choice direct with warranty

I gotcha. I'm totally new to this so I just focus on a number and assume. You guys have been incredibly helpful thus far.
You gotta start somewhere man! i completly understand what you're saying about numbers... for instance the first cadence amp says 1600 watts but in reality only puts out 800 watts rms and thats in a PERFECT setup... i.e. no box rise or voltage drop which will never happen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.