Protection mode Earthquake PH700.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingshot

I have this amp who went on Protection mode right after I bought a new subwoofer, the reason was overheating and I already cheked inside the amp. I couldn't find any problems with the capacitors or anything burned seen by eye or smell. I would like to know what should I check next in order to repair my amplifier and if there's a way to not spend another 500$ for an amplifier, thank you in advance.

for further information on my setup you can always ask if needed.

remove the sub wiring from the amp and test it again, see if the amp goes into protection again. if it doesn't then there is a problem either with the sub or the sub wiring or the load is too low for the amp. what sub is it and whats it wired too?

Yeah it goes in protection again, the subwoofer is a earthquake DBXI 12" wich I just bought recently, I had a stroker from cerwin vega before changing. I also have another amp for the 4 speakers and a 2 farad capacitor. The sub is wired to the amp with + - wires in mono 2 ohm.

so the sub is a single 2ohm sub? is that correct?

if the amp goes into protection and nothing is hooked upto it, makes me think the amp is bugger'd

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

ohh make sure your battery hasn't died

Its a dual coil 4 ohm wired into 2 ohm. Yeah the amp is the problem but I need to know how to fix it if possible because I dont see any nearby store or shop who can do that for me.

ahhh okay then, i'd prob get a new amp with a warrenty, unless you can find som1 willing to offer you warrenty on your amp once it has been repaired.

Alright but do you know what to check inside the amp when you open it and see the motherboard with all the connection to see whats wrong and just replace it? If not what amp do you suggest me for this subwoofer? Any price range

anything burnt or un-soldered is what your looking for, usually the FETs are the first to go on the amps........ if your unsure on what your doing I wouldn't bother with trying to fix it. you-tube amp repairs for some ideas

Earthquake's bench fee is $40.00. If you ship it to them and the cost to repair is more than you want to spend on that amp, that and freight is all you're out. And if the repair is pretty simple, it may not be any more than forty dollars plus a few dollars in parts.

The problem is that I live in canada and everything will cost me like 200 dollar for a simple repair if I send it there.. someone knows a shop for amps near montreal by any chance?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.