too much port area? need help

The port isn't too big, the box is too small. The whole ratio of port area to box volume rather assumes that you have correct/adequate box volume for your subs.
I would suspect that if there's no other problems with the box it would perform better with a single 15 or pair of 12's.
im thinking about doing 2 soundqubed hdc3's and just covering up the other 2 holes. would that box be good for those I heard they like a lot of port area

im thinking about doing 2 soundqubed hdc3's and just covering up the other 2 holes. would that box be good for those I heard they like a lot of port area
Let's see some pictures of this box. Might be more problems than just size and port.

Let's see some pictures of this box. Might be more problems than just size and port.
Assuming it's 3/4" all around and airtight you should be OK just sealing the top holes and putting a better quality pair of subs facing rear. Whatever you do, make sure the holes get sealed 100%

Assuming it's 3/4" all around and airtight you should be OK just sealing the top holes and putting a better quality pair of subs facing rear. Whatever you do, make sure the holes get sealed 100%
What are some good ones to go with that don't break the bank I was thinking soundqubed

What are some good ones to go with that don't break the bank I was thinking soundqubed
HDC3 series and higher are good, otherwise IMO stay away from their lower lines. Not sure if Incriminator is still having their fall sale, but there were some pretty good deals there and their products are proven reliable performers. Not sure if Sundown has any B-stock in their "yard sale" thread over at CACO but sometimes good deals can be had there.

A link to a picture
That box is a nightmare. TBH Looks like you should only be able to fit a pair of 10s back there for proper loading. Box that tall is preventing a lot of stuff, port should be facing the back. You will get a lot louder with a pair of 10s as in WAAAAY louder. Box is everything man. never EVER cram subs in a small space like that. Thats the worst thing you can do to subs.

That box is a nightmare. TBH Looks like you should only be able to fit a pair of 10s back there for proper loading. Box that tall is preventing a lot of stuff, port should be facing the back. You will get a lot louder with a pair of 10s as in WAAAAY louder. Box is everything man. never EVER cram subs in a small space like that. Thats the worst thing you can do to subs.
So what would you do here I want to save the box if possible even if I have to modify it in any way

Okay so im just gonna say screw the box and also my back seats so whats the best design for 4 type s 12's should I do 1.5cu. Ft. Each for 6 cubed or should I go bigger than max recommended? 7 cubes? 8 cubes? Also subs will most likely fire upwards so I'll be able to have them all on the same face of the box so question is where is best location for the port rear facing front facing or up facing with the subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.