Too big of a box?

Never had 18's...
12 net cubes isn't enough?
No that’s bare minimum. And u have triple baffle so your box program says .75” wood when your baffles 2.25” thick. U prly have less airspace then u think. That box is just wrong because the ports to small. Your choking those woofers so you prly turned it up to much to get the output u wanted therefore causing to much heat and got a bubble is your former.

New box for sure will help.

No that’s bare minimum. And u have triple baffle so your box program says .75” wood when your baffles 2.25” thick. U prly have less airspace then u think. That box is just wrong because the ports to small. Your choking those woofers so you prly turned it up to much to get the output u wanted therefore causing to much heat and got a bubble is your former. New box for sure will help.
I am not the OP, I was just asking for reference. May do a single 18 in a 3/4 ton Suburban if I buy it.

No that’s bare minimum. And u have triple baffle so your box program says .75” wood when your baffles 2.25” thick. U prly have less airspace then u think. That box is just wrong because the ports to small. Your choking those woofers so you prly turned it up to much to get the output u wanted therefore causing to much heat and got a bubble is your former. New box for sure will help.
It's only a double baffle. It is like .75 13ply Russian berch. And when I inputed the measurement into the box tune Cal. I took account for the extra sheet on the top. But I didn't take account for the 8x 4"x.75 braces and the 2 1.5"x19" dowels. I will be adding 45s to all the corners while I have the subs out tho

Edit: also coming up with a new 3/1 ratio CPillar 4th order, but I'm taking my time and gonna make sure I do it right 24ft³ to 28ft³ combined air space 18/6 or 21/7. I think I'll be much happier with a box like that and a lil bit bigger amp.

It's only a double baffle. It is like .75 13ply Russian berch. And when I inputed the measurement into the box tune Cal. I took account for the extra sheet on the top. But I didn't take account for the 8x 4"x.75 braces and the 2 1.5"x19" dowels. I will be adding 45s to all the corners while I have the subs out tho
Edit: also coming up with a new 3/1 ratio CPillar 4th order, but I'm taking my time and gonna make sure I do it right 24ft³ to 28ft³ combined air space 18/6 or 21/7. I think I'll be much happier with a box like that and a lil bit bigger amp.
Thats one HUGE enclosure you're talking about... if it was mine I'd stick to a ported but bigger and with a larger port... I'll bet a slightly higher tune will get quite a bit louder if its ported correctly. I suppose im just too used to having a rear window to look out of.

You had to hear them bottoming out IF that's what actually happened... I've never not heard a sub bottom out so I'm kinda confused? Did you not hear ANY mechanical noise?

I certainly doubt they're bottomless drivers

You had to hear them bottoming out IF that's what actually happened... I've never not heard a sub bottom out so I'm kinda confused? Did you not hear ANY mechanical noise?
I certainly doubt they're bottomless drivers
I'm not completely sure, I smoked the subs the first day I had them and they have had mechanical noice ever since. (Could only really hear it at lower volume you could hear it scratching and at real low volume it would even get stuck a little and move erratically.) But looking at them they've clearly made contact with the bottom many times. Even an impression of vent hole on part of one. Could of happened when I was messing with test tones one day I did a whole range of burps from 22hrz up to 50hz. Either end of that range sounds horrible tho I didn't hear them bottoming out specifically

I'm not completely sure, I smoked the subs the first day I had them and they have had mechanical noice ever since. (Could only really hear it at lower volume you could hear it scratching and at real low volume it would even get stuck a little and move erratically.) But looking at them they've clearly made contact with the bottom many times. Even an impression of vent hole on part of one. Could of happened when I was messing with test tones one day I did a whole range of burps from 22hrz up to 50hz. Either end of that range sounds horrible tho I didn't hear them bottoming out specifically
You never bottomed them out. You dont have anywhere close to the amount of power you need to bottom them out sorry to say. Bottomed out subs is a VERY distinct and loud sound that overpowers EVERYTHING at loud volumes. It'll freak you the fk out, you will definitely know if you bottomed out a sub, its like a woodpecker beak fking a metal trash can that overpowers your bass.

Hmm..... I thought that sound was my roof. But yep I know what your talking about now lol all you had to say was woodpecker in a trashcan. Sounds almost like sheet metal was gonna vibe apart.

Yeah it's a freaky noise lol makes you instinctively turn that **** down because the sound just screams "dead sub in 3...2..1.."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.