Today is my lucky day!!

I remember back when I had a hatchback I always covered up anything in plain sight with an old sweater whenever I park my car. I just bought a new touchscreen headunit and looks like the screen doesn't pop off so imma have to figure some way to cover it when I park.

Tinted windows kind of works since thieves can't see what's inside, but if someone WANTS to get into your car they will find a way.

Put a sticker that says "this vehicle is armed with advanced security system and any unauthorized intrusion may result in serious bodily injury or death", that'll give them a bit of psychological stress.

So a convicted felon lives next to you and your **** got stolen...sounds perfectly reasonable to assume he did it.

Some of you guys need a realistic grasp on the law. First off, filing a "false" police report as to what you saw won't get you in trouble. How do the cops KNOW what you saw? That's called speculation and cops aren't going to care. Secondly, who cares if he tells the police he THINKS it was his neighbor? You honestly think that it will cause the cops to fall of the "trail" of the real criminal? The cops will assume the most likely probability, which is his neighbor, regardless of the OP's claim. Will they get enough evidence for a search warrant? No. Do they really care to pursue this crime to ensure justice? Probably not

Moral of the story? Don't put giant stickers on your **** that says steal me. If you do, have insurance

case closed

lol I know. People keep sayin he doesnt.
But it doesnt work if ya cant hear it:fyi:
They don't work for crap anyway. Unless you have onstar or other similar service that will call you with a brake in and then report it to the police.

Reminds me that I need to get a few more horns in my car. My alarm is pretty loud but I can sit through it long enough to pop out my deck. Looks like the thief came prepared. My vision ***** but it appears that he took the time to remove the three 7mm screws that hold the dash kit in. Makes me wonder who knows the inside of a grand am so well, because I know if I was breaking into a random car, I would've just yanked it and screw the dash kit.

sorry to hear that man, i have stickers on my car, but am lucky enough to have a nice garage at home and a parking garage at work. Luck being the operative word here.... shizm happens to everyone. Heck my uncle had THREE RX-7 convertibles stolen from him when he worked in NYC and the car was parked at the train station on Long Island... good luck getting back on your feet, if there is anything I can do from an SS standpoint :holla:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.