Today is my lucky day!!

Fingering the neighbor, if you didn't see him do it, is a bad idea. There's a decent chance the cops have no clue, and only mention the guy to you because he's a known criminal who happens to live close to you. If you say you saw him do it, all police attention will descend on him, instead of being out looking for the real thief.

Fingering the neighbor, if you didn't see him do it, is a bad idea. There's a decent chance the cops have no clue, and only mention the guy to you because he's a known criminal who happens to live close to you. If you say you saw him do it, all police attention will descend on him, instead of being out looking for the real thief.
this

Either way.....if you wanna run gear in your ride.....spend the few hundy and put a friggin alarm on the **** thing. |Especially if you know your neighbor is a bloody thief.

sorry to hear!

one of my buds always pop rivited razor blades thru the center slot to the chassis on the headunit. it paid off one time guy got radio and left alot of blood in his car, sure he needed stiches...

sorry to hear!
one of my buds always pop rivited razor blades thru the center slot to the chassis on the headunit. it paid off one time guy got radio and left alot of blood in his car, sure he needed stiches...
Looks like I have some work to do

sorry to hear!
well my hu may be coming out for a swap soon anyway, so i might as well put in some defense while im in there.

Thats a good point. But if the police there are anything like they are here, they arent looking for the real thief anyway. A few scribbles on a piece of paper, and you're long forgotten unless your stuff somehow pops up in front of them within the next few days.

I advertise on my cars. No reason not to for me. All of my rides stick out from the crowd. I also have an alarm, does the alarm do anything? nope it is a waste of money.

How many times to do you hear alarms going off and you don't even care? No one does. Some think if your getting jacked then the thief has his hands full and won't be able to take my stuff.

Do decals offer a thief a chance to pick out your car/truck. Yes. Do you having a system and playing it around people give them the same chance? Yes. If you have rims on your car/truck or any other after market part you already have singled your self out.

Best option, do what I do. Make sure your insurance covers everything in your car no matter what. Come break my window and take my stuff. I don't care, I will just go bigger next time with my insurance money. When you file a claim your rates do not go up that much for theft unless you have a lot of them in a close period of time.

I also have video surveillance for my house/shop as well. It works very well.

Btw, I dont think the sticker has anything to do with it. The average person doesnt even know what ED is... Most likely just someone looking to jack a radio and looked in the window. There sits an aftermarket HU. Pop the trunk to see if there's any other equipment...

I advertise on my cars. No reason not to for me. All of my rides stick out from the crowd. I also have an alarm, does the alarm do anything? nope it is a waste of money.
How many times to do you hear alarms going off and you don't even care? No one does. Some think if your getting jacked then the thief has his hands full and won't be able to take my stuff.

Do decals offer a thief a chance to pick out your car/truck. Yes. Do you having a system and playing it around people give them the same chance? Yes. If you have rims on your car/truck or any other after market part you already have singled your self out.

Best option, do what I do. Make sure your insurance covers everything in your car no matter what. Come break my window and take my stuff. I don't care, I will just go bigger next time with my insurance money. When you file a claim your rates do not go up that much for theft unless you have a lot of them in a close period of time.

I also have video surveillance for my house/shop as well. It works very well.
Well put.. You dont have to have a sticker to let someone know you have audio equipment, or other worthwhile things in your vehicle. For all we know the thief wasnt after the HU at all. Just looking for anything of value... Driving a nice clean ride with rims etc draws just as much attention as a sticker. Hell I see all kinds of beat up cars with car audio stickers on them that I know for a fact dont even have any after market audio in them! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.