How loud should this be?

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
I have a single 12 inch kicker cvr in a ported box and a 1000 watt kenwood amp. Hooked up to a line- out converter because you cant install a HU in an 08 Ford Focus. Any way it just doesnt seem to be as loud as it should. So what are the reasons it would not be as loud as it should? I had a friend install it. How can i make it louder other than buying new stuff?

Here it is.

LOADED KICKER SUB BOX W/ CVR12 COMP VR SUBWOOFER NEW | eBay

Kenwood - 1000W Class AB Bridgeable 2-Channel Amplifier with Low-Pass Crossover - KAC-7205

I have a single 12 inch kicker cvr in a ported box and a 1000 watt kenwood amp. Hooked up to a line- out converter because you cant install a HU in an 08 Ford Focus. Any way it just doesnt seem to be as loud as it should. So what are the reasons it would not be as loud as it should? I had a friend install it. How can i make it louder other than buying new stuff?
Here it is.

LOADED KICKER SUB BOX W/ CVR12 COMP VR SUBWOOFER NEW | eBay

Kenwood - 1000W Class AB Bridgeable 2-Channel Amplifier with Low-Pass Crossover - KAC-7205
Sorry man you gotta buy new stuff. If I were you I'd consider buying a reasonable HU and a small speaker amp, then wireing don't matter so much you just need a power/ignition/ground wire to power the HU. Then you don't have to buy one of those redickulous wiring harnesses.

its wired with a 8 gauge amp kit im pretty sure. The amp kit he had said 680 watts on it so im pretty sure it was 8 gauge.

Not sure what you mean.. im new lol. There is a wire running from the left +/- plug ins on the amp to the back of the sub.

not really i still need to buy one of those tho. Would setting the gains make it louder or just sound better? Also should i never use the bass boost? Not even like halfway or a quarter way? Why do they put it on the amp if its bad for the sub?

Never use it. I remember you now! Setting the gain will keep the amp from clipping the signal(distortion) distortion causes heat, heat fries subs.

You need to find out the VC configuration of that sub. Take it out of the box if you must. It should say on the magnet somewhere. It is the factor on how its wired into the amp.

If its Dual 2 you can bridge the amp and get the most power.. If it is Dual 4 you cant.. You need to set the gain correctly, whats going to happen is you will keep turning it up and bass boost up to try to make power that isnt there to be made. Its going to get a bit louder for the simple fact distortion is louder. But what did I say about distortion?

custom box is le ***
just got mine designed by Buck. fantastic job, and he did within 4 hrs including lots of breaks lol
Your box was especially fun.

OP, that box looks a little small and more than likely is tuned too high, just like all pre-fabs usually are.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

[/color]

It'll get loud enough to make stuff in your cupholder move around but not jump around or anything.
Ya it doesnt nearly do that. Shakes my license plate and i can feel the seat vibrate on some bass notes. Thats about all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.