Need help getting started

Dirty Hippie
10+ year member

indiana
i just got my 1995 jeep grand cherokee and am looking to upgrade my sound system..everything is stock right now.

i have about a 500-600 dollar budget

i want an amp,tweeter,speakers, and subs ( all used if possible )

i need (4) 6 3/4 speakers for the doors

(2) 2 1/2 for the dash ( tweeters i think )

and i want either 2 12's or 1 15

i found some subs on craigslist.. there 2 12' chrome MTX Thunder 8000's for 200-250$. is that a good deal ?

Thunder8000 Subwoofer Specifications

Model: T81244A

Description: 12" Subwoofer

Imped.: Dual 4 Ohms

Frequency Response: 24/150 Hz

Peak Music Power (Watts): 800

Power Handling (RMS/Total) (Watts): 400/800

Sensitivity: 86.5 dB

Voice Coil: 2 1/2"

Magnet Weight: 102 oz.

Mounting Depth: 5.625"

what kind of amp would i need to run all of this ?

do i have to get a new battery and wires ?

thanks for your help in advance

what are your goals? Looking to get loud or for sq?
sq

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

For those subs you need a amp that does 800 or so watts at 1 ohm. You shouldnt need a new battery unless yours is around 4 years old.

4 channel ? or does it matter ?

For subs it is best to run a mono. Just find one that does 800 at 1ohm or close, its not hard.
could i run my whole sytem with one amp ?

Those subs you listed are at least 6 years old, I wouldnt pay much over 100 for them.
ok thanks

don't go mtx if you're looking for SQ anyway... two of these IMAGE DYNAMICS ID12D2V3 ID12 DUAL 2 OHM NEW IN BOX!!! | eBay with this amp NEW MB QUART ONX1.1000D 1000W MONO D Car Amplifier Amp | eBay wire to show amp a 2 ohm load then you have room to upgrade your subs in the future. For front stage upgrade these are supposed to be great on a budget CADENCE CWM6KIT 6.5 and power them with this (-NEW-) MB Quart ONX4.60 4-Channel 480 watt Onyx Amp | eBay then you have matching amps as well
thanks alot.. all that for only 630 and then all i need is wires and a head unit right ?

oh and those speakers are 3.5" but i need 3.75" .. does that matter ? and the tweeters are 1" and i need 2.5"

anybody else have any input on the equipment he suggested?

5 channels but how manny watts? and would running a 5 channel sound different than running a mono and 4 channel ? would one be cheaper/better than the other ?

could i run my whole sytem with one amp ?
ok thanks

thanks alot.. all that for only 630 and then all i need is wires and a head unit right ?

oh and those speakers are 3.5" but i need 3.75" .. does that matter ? and the tweeters are 1" and i need 2.5"

anybody else have any input on the equipment he suggested?
Yes you will only need a decent HU and wire, go to Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables for wire, it's awesome stuff for a good price. Generally 6.5s and 6.75s will fit in the same place and as for the tweeters they come with mounting hardware so you can install them in several ways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.