to rear fire or not to rear fire...

Participant count
  • Participant list

iammiowngod
10+ year member

redding
ok i did a search on this and didnt really get the answer i was looking for so i appologize if this is a tired question, i have a regular cab pick up and was looking at the qlogic kick panle enclosures when i saw there "custom fit" sub box. now im not one to buy a pre-fab box but it siad that they are "rear fireing" for moor boom. dose this have any marret? i will be soon enlarging my current fiberglass box so i was wondering if i should just scrap it and build a rear fireing box?

thanks

-brian

It possibly could be louder, I'm assuming you are firing it off of the back wall of the cab? That wall would have to be sound deadened, and then i coudln't really see a reason why it woudln't atlesat be the same volume, maybe a little more. I know that in home theatre for maximum spl you should put your sub in the corner of a room because it will allow it to reflect off of the most walls. Also many people including myself have had more luck firing subs towards the back of their cars. But it is heavily dependant on the vehicle. I say go for it.

-Jason

ok, why would i have to sound deaden the wall? is it so it wont rattle like crazy or for the sound waves? i would just like to know why it is that i do somehitng.

thanks

-brian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.