to hifonics nay-sayers

Look on Sonic and onlinecarstereo, the prices has come down alot, you could get the Brz2400 for under $400
got mine for 276 shipped new on ebay and does RATED POWER no more no less
07112010106.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get any voltage drop during my run at the show. the purpose of the classes is to not go over your power rating, altho I DID, I did not even play at full tilt on my burp (however how clipped it already was or would have been if i would have turned it up louder).

the power class i was in was a 500 watt max clamped power class, altho yes i did go over quite a bit, i had never clamped before and was just basing it off the db score as judgement, which was obviously bad. gain on amp is not even 3/4 way up, and I did not turn the gain on the knob all the way up during that run as well.

considering i only paid $200 for this amplifier brand new, private seller on ebay was selling 4 of them, i am very pleased.

Couldn't think of a constructive response or rebuttal so you resorted to a personal attack. Not the least bit surprising. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
What about my comment about Audiopipe using cheap, unreliable surface mount parts?
What about it? Their amplifiers also cost 1/2 of what Maxxonics amplifiers cost & they last just as long.

last time i looked i saw at least 50 of the ap1500 for sale and all were recently repaired or broken in need of repair...

they made rated power but for how long?

reliability is everything not just price...

I would pay 100$ a watt for hifonics long before I paid 1$ a watt for the AP line...

hell, even all the amp repair guys that are on here said the same exact thing!!! they do rated but for how long.... look it up with the search button if you wish...

last time i looked i saw at least 50 of the ap1500 for sale and all were recently repaired or broken in need of repair...
they made rated power but for how long?

reliability is everything not just price...

I would pay 100$ a watt for hifonics long before I paid 1$ a watt for the AP line...

hell, even all the amp repair guys that are on here said the same exact thing!!! they do rated but for how long.... look it up with the search button if you wish...

You just showed off your maxxonics boner & discredited anything you have/will say with that single statement.

I ran an AP1500.1, which I bought new for $140 shipped, @ 1ohm to an SA-12 for 2 years w/ out a single issue. I sold it to my friend 3 months ago, last I heard it's still going strong.

you can say what ya like

fact still remains that right after the AP1500 became a forum boner amp cuz they were so cheap you saw 50-100 posts within onths of people trying to get rid of them...

it is all about the facts...

hell I would run a POS Pyramid/Pyle if all I wanted to do was keep replacing my amp all the time...

I only speak from my personal experience as a former AP dealer and from all the horror stories i read about of which even I only believe about 1/2 of...

I don't recall seeing alot of horror stories on here about Hifonics stuff...

alot of disbelievers that have 0 hard evidence... but nothing but good things from anyone that has actually ever used it...

and notice i said the AP line.... not audiopipe period...

they have made several very good lines but the ap series is weak garbage with 1 sided PCB's and surface mounted lowest quality components available...

sometimes you get less than what you pay for...

you can say what ya like
fact still remains that right after the AP1500 became a forum boner amp cuz they were so cheap you saw 50-100 posts within onths of people trying to get rid of them...

it is all about the facts...

hell I would run a POS Pyramid/Pyle if all I wanted to do was keep replacing my amp all the time...

I only speak from my personal experience as a former AP dealer and from all the horror stories i read about of which even I only believe about 1/2 of...

I don't recall seeing alot of horror stories on here about Hifonics stuff...

alot of disbelievers that have 0 hard evidence... but nothing but good things from anyone that has actually ever used it...
AP...... cheap budget amps

hifonics.... overpriced budget amps

how many threads on here can you find that have anything bad to say about them and has actual proof of it other than just so and so said so....

yeah I got a boner for them.... they are decent priced and watt/$$$/quality are unmatched by any other major company that i know of...

are their better products? hell yes but not anywhere close to the watt/$$$ range...not even AP....unless you just want junk....

hell a bamf 5500 will do 1600 rms of dirty power just like the ap will and it wont burn up doing it because it has a double sided PCB and decent ( for lower end ) components in it...and costs the same or less...

what you fail to realize is that comparisons were made on this site by the people that repair all these amps for a living and alot of designs out there look an awful lot like maxxsonics stuff... some with better parts but also at more than double the price.... but most with horribly cheap parts at 75% of the price...

do a lil research kiddo...

are they the best? hell no

are they good quality at a good price? better than most anything else in that regard...

I bought a Hifonics HFi100.4 about 6 months ago.

It's my first hifonics amp, i believe HFi lines were the newest line.

I love it. Never had any problems at all. runs like a champ. gets little warm, but i think that's expected from a class ab amp.

I did end up getting a sax-100.4d so i can have matching amps, but i would def buy another hifonics in the future.

yes the Hfi is the new line and also their lowest end line they make.. and yet it still performs great..

I personally am not a big fan of the Autotek line but have nothing but good experience with the Hifi and Quart lines...

I actually just did an Hfi 100.4 for a customer and he loved it going from his blown ( shorted out ) JL300 that he had before. not quite as clean sounding as the JL was but at 1/3 the cost and 25% more power he heard what his MBquart speakers were really supposed to sound like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what no evidentiary findings to use?

I do have a biased opinion so I try my best to keep it in check unless it is asked for....

but it is quite obvious to everyone that you just do not like Maxx in general... especially when you refuse to accept known facts and hard evidence that is easily found...

hell dude, just read my last post... even I am not that biased as to lie about it...the AT line is decent but for a lil more money there is better to be had either with an HFI line or a dif brand even...

all the maxxonic stuff i have ran has never gave me any trouble. i haven't clamped my discus to see the rise in my new box but with a rise of 1.91 ohms from my last box, my discus did 1461 watts. that was not clipping either. i may find another one and strap them to my sa-15's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.