Tips to avoid getting jacked

for camaro and firebird/TA owners u can hide an amp or 2 (or other things) in the panels where your jack and spare go(after you empy the thing first)

i know some people that have done it and its worked great!

also put strobes along the back windo and on the dash (u can get them for about 10-15 bucks) to draw lots of attention to your car...... cant u just see a lil kid walking through a parking lot "mommy mommy look at the cool lights!"

heya guys, nice forum.

i found the link to this thread from another site where a poor dude got all his stuff thieved, so i figured i'd register to add to the content and maybe prevent somebody getting ripped off.

i personally think its best to appear like there aint anything to steal and nothing to hide. limo tint? to me thats more tempting to thieves than no tint at all. if you cant see inside the vehicle, its AWEFUL tempting for some low life to smash the window out just to see whats inside...

i prefer that my car can be looked into and nothing of value to be percieved...

heres a deterrent i used in my fbody using a stock monsoon faceplate hot glued together and then just dremeled flat on the back:

looks kinda stock right?

1102479142_7998cloaked.jpg

but really there's goodies underneath:

1102479175_7998closed.jpg

this last pic was before i glued the adj. knobs on. it just shows the depth:

1102649613_pb270301.jpg

also, heres a few more pics of where/how i mounted my sirius reciever. since i dont use rear fill the rear speaker locations are choice spots to put hidden components.

1106622468_p1090107.jpg

1106622571_p1090112.jpg

btw, if that was a brain, i wouldnt route the wiring the same. it would all be secured behind the sail panel sheet metal and rivets would be used instead of screws.

just like gandalf told frodo, 'keep it hidden, keep it safe" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

I also know a guy locally who cut out a peice of wood the same size as the back of his woofer box and he carpeted it. Then he got a chisel and mallet and chipped little peices of wood out. then he took about 100 razor blades and super glued them in the grooves of the wood he cut out.

What do theives do? they reach behind the box and pull towards them as hard as they can to hurry up with the process. well as soon as they do this their hands are gonna get extremly cut to peices. they arent going to want to jack anything infact they'll probably have the driver (if there is one) take him to the hospitol

looks kinda stock right?

1102479142_7998cloaked.jpg

but really there's goodies underneath:

1102479175_7998closed.jpg

this last pic was before i glued the adj. knobs on. it just shows the depth:

1102649613_pb270301.jpg
that's actually a pretty good idea. but my hu sticks out too far to do that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ok just read this whole thread and I think you all have missed probably the biggest deterant of all.

That red blinking light

It says yeah you are contemplating the idea, but "I will tell on you if you try"

That is probably on of the biggest stoppers there is. It keeps the honest peple honest.

Either that or you could go a little more extreme. I had my 4runner broken into by some kids down my street. I knew it was them but couldn't prove it. So After the insurance payed out, my roomate and I worked out in the garage, bumping sounds and making a new speaker box. Every time we saw those kids outside we would take the box out and "Test fit it" or set the subs out in the driveway in plain view. After the first day those kids were getting enough balls to actually come up to the house and ask what we were building? So after two days we get the box done and mount it. Then my roomate and I took turns for the next day and a half sitting in my walkway with my shotgun until those little punks came back. No sooner than they got the rock through my back window I was on top of them so quick that both of them just dropped to the ground and curled up in a ball.

Not only did I get them arrested, but they had convinced their parents that they had just bought all the stereo equipment they had originally stolen from me and once the parents found out, they gave it all back.

two way paging, some rocksalt and one of these...

-Me-

Ok just read this whole thread and I think you all have missed probably the biggest deterant of all.
That red blinking light

It says yeah you are contemplating the idea, but "I will tell on you if you try"

That is probably on of the biggest stoppers there is. It keeps the honest peple honest.

Either that or you could go a little more extreme. I had my 4runner broken into by some kids down my street. I knew it was them but couldn't prove it. So After the insurance payed out, my roomate and I worked out in the garage, bumping sounds and making a new speaker box. Every time we saw those kids outside we would take the box out and "Test fit it" or set the subs out in the driveway in plain view. After the first day those kids were getting enough balls to actually come up to the house and ask what we were building? So after two days we get the box done and mount it. Then my roomate and I took turns for the next day and a half sitting in my walkway with my shotgun until those little punks came back. No sooner than they got the rock through my back window I was on top of them so quick that both of them just dropped to the ground and curled up in a ball.

Not only did I get them arrested, but they had convinced their parents that they had just bought all the stereo equipment they had originally stolen from me and once the parents found out, they gave it all back.

two way paging, some rocksalt and one of these...

-Me-

Haha, great story...

Where are you at in Seatown?

I thought I remember someone making 180db sirens?

Or maybe someone was exaggerating.

This thread has definately helped me out a lot about hiding everything. Im going to get one of my friends to install mine here soon. He works at a local shop and has been doing it forever. But now when I tell him that I want the brain hidden under my oil cap for extra security, we prolly wont be good friends anymore. lol

also dont be wangin in the parking lots, then u go park and when u get back your shits gone!
Already been said like 10 times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Some really good info in this thread. I had an Idea where I would hook my relay for my horns to my hood, trunk and cabin lights, so when they came on, my 10 electric horns and set of train horns would blast until I turned it off. Sound good until I read this thread. All they'd have to do is pop my hood and cut my batt cable. Oh well...

Keep the info coming

BTW I'm SOOOO changing my info on all my forums.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...