Tips to avoid getting jacked

How big are most car alarm brains? I'm looking to getting one this spring*school and car out of sight at work*...Anyhow, I want to wire it up myself, more for experience than anything. So, on average, how big is a brain for a mid-range alarm?
well it depends on how smart yoru alarm is..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

jk. the alarm systems I've delt with have had brains rougly 6"x6"x1" (not including mouting tabs)

FOR FORD EXPLORER OWNERS. I thought this was a good idea so i'll post it.

Well, i got a basic 2-way alarm installed and no backup battery. So of course there's all the backdoor ways to break the alarm.

Something that i did to help protect against alarm deactivation is buying a billet grill off ebay hehe. They are only like 80 bucks or something, and when you don thave a backup battery, this works.

Anyways, the hood release switch is under the steering wheel, but in order to open the hood, there is another latch behind the grill. Completely unintentional of blocking that switch, installed the grill on my car. When i had to access my battery when working on my stereo the following week, it took me a while to get that bi*** open because i had to find something skinny and long enough to trip the switch hehe. None of my screwdrivers would do it. I ended up using an electric jigsaw blade to hit the switch.

well, i thought it was an interesting find heh.

I have been blessed enough to have had 3 cars with systems in them and never had them broken into. This is not because I was careful, it wasn't because I followed the rules, it just because it wasn't my time to have that done to me.

I have a 03 Impala, with no rims and tints, so it actually looks like a police car, especially in my city. I'm going to get the police center caps as well, that seems to scare of hood folks. If I made a false panel in my trunk, with the original carpeting and all, and placed that in front of my rear facing enclosure, how would that affect the bass? Or would be better to turn my box around, then put the false panel up.

Well, i got a basic 2-way alarm installed and no backup battery. So of course there's all the backdoor ways to break the alarm.

Something that i did to help protect against alarm deactivation is buying a billet grill off ebay hehe. They are only like 80 bucks or something, and when you don thave a backup battery, this works.

Anyways, the hood release switch is under the steering wheel, but in order to open the hood, there is another latch behind the grill. Completely unintentional of blocking that switch, installed the grill on my car. When i had to access my battery when working on my stereo the following week, it took me a while to get that bi*** open because i had to find something skinny and long enough to trip the switch hehe. None of my screwdrivers would do it. I ended up using an electric jigsaw blade to hit the switch.

same for my dakota when i put my mesh grill on. drill a hole in your hood latch, bend a coat hanger over and put it through the hole, to an accessable place. whenever you pop the hood from the inside, go to where that coat hanger is and give it a tug, then you can raise your hood

Thinking about getting an alarm installed, as for the backup power sources. Would it be plausible to run the power wire to both the main battery and a second battery in the trunk? That way if they do get to the main battery and cut all the wires it would still have power from the trunk battery?
Sounds like a good idea

That's how I have been doing it for a long time.

Works great! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

that's what I mean. That way if one wire was cut it could just keep pulling power from the other battery
They best have some big cutters for the 1/0 wire

Pezo under the hood & hood pin trigger may keep them from getting that far..

pezo is very loud & a lil bigger than a golfball so finding it may be hard

install one under the dash by your alarm on a backup power source & I dont think they will stick around..

Peace Troy

i used to run a ratchet strap through the bottom of my box that attatched to some very strong points on teh body and one of them i didnt attatched to teh seatbelt bolts

have fun getting that out

the actauly ratchet was inside teh box with a secret door

in some cases you had to dis-assembal teh box

hell, the box even had handles on it to make it easyer to move once you got teh strap offbut other wise that thing didnt budge

put the jeep in neutral and i could pull the car with the box

A bunch of lifted domestic trucks have been getting broken into by my house - it seems that the thieves are cutting off the power from underneath!

hello i'm new to the audio world but i have 2 12inch fubar's and a comp. deep bass box but anyway i'm a machinist in training right now and i have a new idea that may help from those queers "screw driving" the subs. I am having my teacher get me 2 13" pieces of round metal like 1\8th thick and i'm going to make a latch for the top of my box so when i go to get out of my truck the latch i'll pull it down and the metal piece will be masterlocked at the bottom with 2 key locks. so they can't poke holes in it.does anyone follow?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...