Tips to avoid getting jacked

for you truck/suv owners that have open trunks, pack a blanket/bedsheet in your truck so you can cover ur subwoofer box with them...try to make it look like you went camping with the family //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

if you dont have a windshield cover, fold your visors down to block SOME light path to get inside your vehicle to make things visible

Has anyone ever considered shooting pepper spray inside their car? In particular in back by the hatch. As soon as they pop your trunk or hatch to get at your yummy subwoofery goodness PSSSSSHT Pepper Spray'd!

Good info. Wish I seen this before my car was stolen 2 summers ago lol!

I will say I think alarms are pointless. I worked at the time in a pretty bad area but thought my car was back far enough to where it wasnt noticable. Well the one day I had to park it outstide the gate was the day it was gone. My car was pretty decked out casue of the rims and how clean it was. Plus I had a ton of local radio coverage and alot of people knew my car, that or I just bumped in the wrong place and they followed me to work, who knows.

About the alarms though. I had 2 totally seperate ones on there. One was pretty basic, code alarm and the other was the viper. The code was the back up alarm. Plus my wires were hidden along with the brain. So it must have been someone very expericened with car alarms. I asked the people by if the heard 2 seperate alarms and the one older guy said he heard just one. So I dont know if my back up ever kicked in. Thanx to my buddy for shitty install on that, lol! I also had shitload of sirens in there as well. Must have been one def son of a *****. Anyway, just my experience and hope never have to go through that again. My perfect way to hide my system is get a car that fits in. I have a cavalier and is pretty normal looking. Once seat is folded up and deck is out, looks stock. Plus I only slam it on the freeway. Never had a problem with it and dont even have an alarm on it. So......... Just saying lol!

I really need to read up on alarms because i do not know jack about alarm systems. This thread just made me more cautious and paranoid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Has anyone ever considered shooting pepper spray inside their car? In particular in back by the hatch. As soon as they pop your trunk or hatch to get at your yummy subwoofery goodness PSSSSSHT Pepper Spray'd!
what happens if you need something in your trunk?? or the woofer hits and shoots it up into the cab and now your driving and got pepper spray in your eye??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif :crazy: not a good idea

It's only armed when the alarm is armed. It's sorta like the undercar flame throwers but much less dangerous and wont just go off if someone bumps your car, but only if they are in your trunk stealing your goodies.

It's only armed when the alarm is armed. It's sorta like the undercar flame throwers but much less dangerous and wont just go off if someone bumps your car, but only if they are in your trunk stealing your goodies.
Hey i'd still want the flames to shoot out even if someone just bumped my car, they deserv a little pain too!!1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Good info. Wish I seen this before my car was stolen 2 summers ago lol!
I will say I think alarms are pointless. I worked at the time in a pretty bad area but thought my car was back far enough to where it wasnt noticable. Well the one day I had to park it outstide the gate was the day it was gone. My car was pretty decked out casue of the rims and how clean it was. Plus I had a ton of local radio coverage and alot of people knew my car, that or I just bumped in the wrong place and they followed me to work, who knows.

About the alarms though. I had 2 totally seperate ones on there. One was pretty basic, code alarm and the other was the viper. The code was the back up alarm. Plus my wires were hidden along with the brain. So it must have been someone very expericened with car alarms. I asked the people by if the heard 2 seperate alarms and the one older guy said he heard just one. So I dont know if my back up ever kicked in. Thanx to my buddy for shitty install on that, lol! I also had shitload of sirens in there as well. Must have been one def son of a *****. Anyway, just my experience and hope never have to go through that again. My perfect way to hide my system is get a car that fits in. I have a cavalier and is pretty normal looking. Once seat is folded up and deck is out, looks stock. Plus I only slam it on the freeway. Never had a problem with it and dont even have an alarm on it. So......... Just saying lol!

hey im really interested on how you had two separate alarms hooked up in there? i dont see how you would have the viper arm and disarm though with the code alarm? i know the 791vx has the ouput pulses to arm/disarm a factory alarm, but how would you set it up to arm and disarm with another alarm???

what happens if you need something in your trunk?? or the woofer hits and shoots it up into the cab and now your driving and got pepper spray in your eye??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif :crazy: not a good idea

hahah knowing me i'd open up my trunk and end up getting sprayed.

but this thread makes me want an alarm real bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...