Through the process (pics)

Hey guy's found out maybe the overlay is not staying flat have to clean dash cluster? it didn't say to but my buddy just said it would help what would i clean it with though because the overlay itself has all the electronics etc....on the back of it so what could i clean the dash cluster with?

put spacer in between the rubbing layers or the layers that are in contact with each other. see if that will solve the problem. the other post was just an idea on how to implement the spacers. if you don't have anywhere to hide them, just use a clear spacer. try it out and see if it fixes the problem.

vladi i think you might of misunderstood im trying to get the overlay perfectly flat on the stock cluster so that it will lay perfecly flat that way so when the speedometer goes up the dial is not rubbing againist the overlay and making the speedometer go up really slow.

anyone else that can help out just either post up here or leave me a pm please got to get this done to get my car back on the road. Thx guy's

oh my bad. make sure everything is as flat as possible and there are no bumps anywhere. def. get an airduster if you can. last resort, shave off something?

Just got some electronic's contact cleaner it still did nothing:(. **** im hating this i can not get this guage panel to lay flat i noticed it is slightly bent:(//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif . idk what i can do idk if there is a type of glue i can use to glue it to the stock cluster i don't want to mess it up i really like this guage's main reason cause i can see my guage's alot easier at night. please help!!!

bump.

try to fix the bend as good as you can. try e-mailing the people you bought it from and tell them you're having problems with it. i'm sure they will help. if not, encourage them by telling them that you believe in leaving honest feedback. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

yeah i tried but i don't want to do it no more. i wrote the guy though just now hopefully he will be nice and send me another one:).

Well still no feedback from the guy i bought it from. and my buddy that was supposed to come over and help me said he doesn't know when he can get by:( **** this ***** and i really need my car what could i spray on the back of this face to make it stay flat on the stock cluster , i sprayed the stock cluster with electronic contact cleaner and it cleaned it up really nice no dust etc....but stil the overlay will not stay flat:( . please help me.

No smd it's not a sticker it's an overlay but it need's to sit flat on the stock cluster but it's sitting up a little bit so it's causing the speedometer dial to rub up againist the overlay causing it to move up really slow so i need to somehow get the overlay to sit perfectly flat on the stock cluster. But idk if i can use glue because all the back of the overlay is all the electronic working's. here is what the overlay look's like .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/i346-84-89-LINCOLN-MARK-VII-7-WHITE-FACE-GLOW-GAUGES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43952QQihZ020QQitemZ300048080379QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.